DIY projects 2022

mrflynn03

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, DWB said:

Before all you young-ins start complaining how dangerous this is, the guy is farther away from the saw than he would be if it was in his hands. It's much more efficient, and he has the saw anchored so it won't move. Smart.

27 minutes ago, DWB said:

I just paid a crew to clean up two trees that fell on the road. The chain sawing I could have done. The tool they had that I didn’t was the Six ft 3 230 lb log tosser! I mean I am in my 70’s now?

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Need some help! So we have a shallow well pump that you need to prime up here at the cabin. I haven’t been able to get it to build more than 20psi pressure? I thought it was possibly a bad pressure tank my son thought maybe it just needed a recharge. Finally decided to battle the mosquitoes and do some investigating. Relieved the pressure in the system and took a pressure reading on the tank. 15psi a little low but not bad considering the age. Filled the system again up to 20psi and took another reading on the tank 15psi???? The only thing I can think of is the diaphragm is frozen? Any other ideas???

Couple of things to try:

• Check the voltage at all your connections inside the control box and pressure switch. Make sure you're getting all the volts you're supposed to. (110 or 220 depending on your pump) Also check your ground wires for tightness.
  • Your diaphragm may have a hole in it (from age) thus not keeping pressure. Hook up a temporary tank and see if it holds pressure any better. That would indicate if you have a tank problem or a pump problem.
  • And finally, inspect your ground (like dirt) from your pressure tank to the well head. If you have a broken pipe, that would also affect your pressure. If there is a wet spot, you might have a cracked pipe.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DWB said:

HD 2x4's.png

I had a pine tree that looked a lot like those after an ice storm it was bent over almost 90deg do to the weight! After the melt it barely straightened at all but survived. A few years later as it continued to grow the far end was growing straight up in search of the sun!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Have an admission, yesterday I posted in the feel good thread how I helped fix a short in a food trailer. But when we thought we were done something was still wrong? Her husband pulled the socket out that I had wired (actually I wired both of them) as soon as I saw it I knew what the problem was! I had the black wires on the ground lug and the green wires on the black side? Ever since the Covid booster shot my mind sometimes gets as confused as a box of marbles! Thank you Dr Fauci?! Guess if I do anymore wiring I better have someone check the work before I button it up!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Have an admission, yesterday I posted in the feel good thread how I helped fix a short in a food trailer. But when we thought we were done something was still wrong? Her husband pulled the socket out that I had wired (actually I wired both of them) as soon as I saw it I knew what the problem was! I had the black wires on the ground lug and the green wires on the black side? Ever since the Covid booster shot my mind sometimes gets as confused as a box of marbles! Thank you Dr Fauci?! Guess if I do anymore wiring I better have someone check the work before I button it up!

It's cool that you reported that you "may" have made a mistake. But colors on terminals don't matter................. As long as they go to the same terminals on both ends!  :) That part is, well, kinda important! lol

As for the reason of your confusion... A FREAKING MEN !!!!

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Here is a pic of the swim up bar for our above ground pool that I made it June. Sine then it has lights and stained and had a beverage or 2 consumed at it but wanted to share.

20230628_210001.jpg

Good to seeing you post again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you fellers work with metal roofing? I do and all I have to do is look at it,20' away and I'm already bleeding. This look like an awesome gadget !!

https://www.peachloft.com/pages/electric-drill-shears-attachment-cutter-nibbler-gg?utm_source=gg&utm_medium=gmfk&utm_campaign=dzjs122&gclid=CjwKCAiA8NKtBhBtEiwAq5aX2Gh8lhzxfSyFLop-IXb7JTrZ1_v0cSRvJpD9avqtuIjEC08Dc_CM4hoCxYUQAvD_BwE

5 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Any of you fellers work with metal roofing? I do and all I have to do is look at it,20' away and I'm already bleeding. This look like an awesome gadget !!

https://www.peachloft.com/pages/electric-drill-shears-attachment-cutter-nibbler-gg?utm_source=gg&utm_medium=gmfk&utm_campaign=dzjs122&gclid=CjwKCAiA8NKtBhBtEiwAq5aX2Gh8lhzxfSyFLop-IXb7JTrZ1_v0cSRvJpD9avqtuIjEC08Dc_CM4hoCxYUQAvD_BwE

Niblers are pretty awesome but the problem I’ve always had with metal is the noise! I think part of the reason I now have hearing aids is because of metal working!

29 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Niblers are pretty awesome but the problem I’ve always had with metal is the noise! I think part of the reason I now have hearing aids is because of metal working!

Usually with cutting roof metal, the only noise was me yelling FACK. WE'VE GOT a bleeder. Maybe we do it differently.? Idunno. Of course I've always used hand shears. Naked. In the sun.  

41 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I have worked with it about a year ago, but not on a regular basis. Never got cut with it, but if I come within 10' of one of my tractor PTO implements I start bleeding before I even try to hook it up. Thin skinned I guess.

But the nippers are great tools for the metal. Especially if you're doing flashing and such. Metal roofing is usually cut to size. (if you engineer the roof correctly...)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

I have worked with it about a year ago, but not on a regular basis. Never got cut with it, but if I come within 10' of one of my tractor PTO implements I start bleeding before I even try to hook it up. Thin skinned I guess.

But the nippers are great tools for the metal. Especially if you're doing flashing and such. Metal roofing is usually cut to size. (if you engineer the roof correctly...)

Ok, in my history, "bleeding" from Tractor Implements are on an entirely different level of bleeding than getting poked by sheet metal.

What kinda tractors you got? I had no idea. I'm setting watching old farming videos right now, thinking of the 70's and 80's growing up. My fav was an International 856 diesel. It had a canopy and a straight pipe exhaust that was 6" shorter than the canopy. I now know where my hearing loss came from. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Ok, in my history, "bleeding" from Tractor Implements are on an entirely different level of bleeding than getting poked by sheet metal.

What kinda tractors you got? I had no idea. I'm setting watching old farming videos right now, thinking of the 70's and 80's growing up. My fav was an International 856 diesel. It had a canopy and a straight pipe exhaust that was 6" shorter than the canopy. I now know where my hearing loss came from. 

Just like a couple weeks ago I drove by a field and out there was like a monument! So far off I couldn’t make out as I drove by what make model year it was but somebody’s tractor! It was like the tractor finally gave up it’s life and instead of pulling it somewhere they just made a monument of it! I’m like how awesome is that!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just like a couple weeks ago I drove by a field and out there was like a monument! So far off I couldn’t make out as I drove by what make model year it was but somebody’s tractor! It was like the tractor finally gave up it’s life and instead of pulling it somewhere they just made a monument of it! I’m like how awesome is that!

It's like the awesome movie. "and a tractor runs through it". I replay that movie in my mind as I slumber each eve. A childhood that was hard, but made sense. There was peace, meaningfulness and the mind wanders back. It wanders back.

2 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Yes