DIY projects 2022

mrflynn03

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

Where I've seen them and where I would want them is under the eve - protected from rain and sun. Most of the time would leave them white but would use the colors for a week around Valentines, Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, etc. Maybe go crimosonon IU game days? There are other manufacturers. I like the concept of a permanent color changing accent light. 

https://us.govee.com/collections/outdoor-lights/products/govee-rgbicww-led-permanent-outdoor-lights

If they’re out of the elements, yeah, probably worth a shot. 

38 minutes ago, DWB said:

Does this "plumber" know something I don't about glue joints?

glue joints.jpeg

Not sure about the glue joints but he has figured out that you need something (rock) to resist the blowout force. Remember they were putting in a new 30” line at the water plant they poured tens of yards of concrete at the 90deg turn. The old physics law force equals mass times acceleration. It takes a lot to make a moving 30” column of water turn 90deg!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Not sure about the glue joints but he has figured out that you need something (rock) to resist the blowout force. Remember they were putting in a new 30” line at the water plant they poured tens of yards of concrete at the 90deg turn. The old physics law force equals mass times acceleration. It takes a lot to make a moving 30” column of water turn 90deg!

I was going to try to turn that “30” column” line into a double entendre about my tallywhacker, but I’m on my third bourbon of the night and creativity is failing me at the moment. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I was going to try to turn that “30” column” line into a double entendre about my tallywhacker, but I’m on my third bourbon of the night and creativity is failing me at the moment. 

Turning it 90deg??

On 4/26/2024 at 9:29 PM, Zlinedavid said:

I think you are trying to describe "Peyronies Disease" Pipe fitters. When ya gotta screw around with corners, Peyronies is your first call ! We don't do anything straight !