Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Complete bogus. You don't think we can comprehend what a good basketball program should look like? Unreal. 

DD is quite possibly the biggest hypocrite when we start talking about the "type" of people we want representing the university. 

When DD became intern head coach of a top 15 team that problem players he kicked a starts of the team. He did what was right and caught a lot of hell from fans.  Aarman Basset and Ellis I believe  

He might be a ass sometimes and is not a saint by any means.  Everybody makes mistakes and deserves second chances  Those players he showed the door had several chances  

These players deserve a second chance.  This how you learn the hard lessons.  Make mistake and learn.  Hopefully they understand they let the fans down.  But more importantly that they let the coaches and their teammates down.  This can make them stronger or weaker.  It is up to them and we will find out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

When DD became intern head coach of a top 15 team that problem players he kicked a starts of the team. He did what was right and caught a lot of hell from fans.  Aarman Basset and Ellis I believe  

He might be a ass sometimes and is not a saint by any means.  Everybody makes mistakes and deserves second chances  Those players he showed the door had several chances  

These players deserve a second chance.  This how you learn the hard lessons.  Make mistake and learn.  Hopefully they understand they let the fans down.  But more importantly that they let the coaches and their teammates down.  This can make them stronger or weaker.  It is up to them and we will find out.

DD was part of the staff that allowed that behavior to happen in the first place. 

But I wasnt trying to make the conversation about him. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't care for everything DD says but he has put more into IU basketball than any of us have.

He might have but when he says stuff I’m not sure he even believes it loses a lot of clout with me.  I use to love the guy but all he does is ruffle feathers for a living now.  It does seem to pay well though.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

He might have but when he says stuff I’m not sure he even believes it loses a lot of clout with me.  I use to love the guy but all he does is ruffle feathers for a living now.  It does seem to pay well though.

I stopped listening to his show but I listen to it now since I am in my car all day.  Like I said I don't care for ehsy he says and especially hate his tone. Today I agreed with him on what he said today about the players who got suspended.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I think there are some misunderstanding of what my main point was. I was asked wearing the IU jersey meant. That was what I responding to and meant that todays players have no idea what weay that jersey means.

I would say for you guys who grew up in Indiana with family with deep roots in Indiana definitely knows it means.  The fans I think that has no clue arenthe out of state students who didn't follow IU until they got to Bloomington.  I have seen bigger IU gans who never syepngpot on the campus but has followed IU basketball gor 60 years.

Not to change the subject and all due respect, from one IU ol’ timer to the next, but are you texting and driving?😂😂

• Haha 2

I think there are some misunderstanding of what my main point was. I was asked wearing the IU jersey meant. That was what I responding to and meant that todays players have no idea what weay that jersey means.

I would say for you guys who grew up in Indiana with family with deep roots in Indiana definitely knows it means.  The fans I think that has no clue arenthe out of state students who didn't follow IU until they got to Bloomington.  I have seen bigger IU gans who never syepngpot on the campus but has followed IU basketball gor 60 years.

This post started as one of your best posts and then just turned into a massive flaming turd like most of them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

So these guys broke curfew/snuck out. People always assume it's weed, but they probably went to a party or meetup with some friends etc. Lots of ladies and IUBB connections in Chicago.

IMG_16341.JPG

Ok while I am still pissed that these players cost the Hoosiers a victory, if they were just sneaking out, while it was breaking team rules at least it wasn't something more serious like smoking weed. The players that haven't been suspended before should be allowed to play next game, while someone like Parker who has already broken team rules might need to miss some more games.

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

So you're equating drinking and driving (by the coach's grandson to boot) to going three miles an hour over the speed limit, breaking curfew, or smoking weed? Whatever fits your narrative I guess. All programs have had some issues. In case you've forgotten Duke paid Zion just a couple of years ago. But in NCAA, Duke, UNC, and couple of other programs don't go down because of their brand and head coaches. Regardless, there were a lot of players during Knight's years who should/could have been kicked off the team but were not for the obvious reason, they were good. 

I’m absolutely not. My comment that you so very incorrectly attempted to refute was that “Duke’s NBA prospects are all business, no funny stuff” by providing a link to a report of a Duke player being cited for DWI. Just because Banchero was present and given a BS “aiding and abetting” charge (that I guarantee got thrown out) doesn’t refute my previous statement whatsoever.
The DWI charge to a glorified walkon is completely irrelevant to my original comment. Also, Zion getting paid isn’t illegal and again, backs up my assertion that these specific types of kids approach college basketball as a business and thus aren’t going to be turned off by a coach who holds his players accountable; which was the context to my original post. 

I stopped listening to his show but I listen to it now since I am in my car all day.  Like I said I don't care for ehsy he says and especially hate his tone. Today I agreed with him on what he said today about the players who got suspended.

That explained it…..texting and driving….🤣🤣

• Like 1

Woke up this morning excited to watch the game on DVR during my vacation day, but then logged into Twitter and saw a bunch of stuff about the suspensions. Will still watch the game tonight b/c I want to see how Galloway did with more time. 

So, wasn’t weed - people just jumped to that conclusion? 

Anyway, good to see Woodson making an example of them. Hoping this brings the team closer together and that the five in question bust their butts to get back into everyone’s good graces. But, I can honestly see this being the beginning of a bad slide. That’s how we have normally rolled in the last several years…

Here’s to hoping they arrive in East Lansing ready to kick *ss though. I hate the Spartans. HATE them. 

• Like 2