Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

5 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

So is driving 43mph in a 40mph zone

So you're equating drinking and driving (by the coach's grandson to boot) to going three miles an hour over the speed limit, breaking curfew, or smoking weed? Whatever fits your narrative I guess. All programs have had some issues. In case you've forgotten Duke paid Zion just a couple of years ago. But in NCAA, Duke, UNC, and couple of other programs don't go down because of their brand and head coaches. Regardless, there were a lot of players during Knight's years who should/could have been kicked off the team but were not for the obvious reason, they were good. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I am just big stupid young person no understand complex things like integrity and hard work durp durp 

Dude, it's just easier to let that guy yell at a cloud or how soft everything is these days, how much our fans are to blame for the program failures, or whatever else, and just let him go. Some people adapt, some get left behind. Sure, some of us still rearrange our schedules around games, but to expect that when we haven't won anything in years, haven't been to a FF in two decades, and haven't won a natty in nearly half a century is ridiculous.

You're simply not going to change a mind that's completely closed and stuck in another century.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Saturday I'm changing my day, and my wife's entire day around, just so I can watch the game. Thankfully she is awesome and allows that.

In 37 1/2 years, she'll be carrying around an IU schedule and when one of your kids call to set some gathering up, she'll whip it out and you'll hear her say "um...No, Dad's got a game that night."

I know  ;) 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What IU basketball use to mean to the people of Indiana.  It just feels different than it use to.  People arranged their days around IU basketball and took pride in knowing what we would see that night.  There was an anticipation and excitement for game day and couldn't wait for Martha the mop lady to appear on TV 

Yeah because we were good every year.  Everyone is excited and is a huge fan when you have a good team. Can you not see that?  If we were in the top 20 every year and vying for Big Ten championships then i bet suddenly and magically IU basketball would “mean something” to everyone in Indiana.  
(And also back then there wasn't a while lot to do other than turn on channel 4 at night). 🙂
I don't chime in here much, but i had to this time because I’m tired of your same routine, over and over, questioning everyones fandom, wondering why students who don't care about our ancient history don't go to games for lackluster product, and your constant holier than though comments. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

I'm not reading 11 pages but in case no one has said this....can we start Galloway now? As I've said a few times, I truly believe he is our second best all around player. TJD then Galloway then X. 

Hey now.  Your breaking news last night started this whole mess.  You should be required to read it all.  Every last bit of it. :coffee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So, your TB's dad, that's what you're telling CMW? It's not all Tamar's fault because there were older guys doing it to? That's a tough sell. I would agree with you in a HS setting. College setting? No way. 

They are all responsible for their own actions. However, I work part time with a group that includes a couple of 21 year olds and a couple 17 year olds. We expect the 21 year olds to act in a responsible manner around the younger employees and not be a negative influence. We don’t worry about the 17 year olds being a bad influence on the 21 year olds 

16 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Dude, it's just easier to let that guy yell at a cloud or how soft everything is these days, how much our fans are to blame for the program failures, or whatever else, and just let him go. Some people adapt, some get left behind. Sure, some of us still rearrange our schedules around games, but to expect that when we haven't won anything in years, haven't been to a FF in two decades, and haven't won a natty in nearly half a century is ridiculous.

You're simply not going to change a mind that's completely closed and stuck in another century.

Touche. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They are all responsible for their own actions. However, I work part time with a group that includes a couple of 21 year olds and a couple 17 year olds. We expect the 21 year olds to act in a responsible manner around the younger employees and not be a negative influence. We don’t worry about the 17 year olds being a bad influence on the 21 year olds 

I am still failing to see why XJ is more culpable then KL. 

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In 37 1/2 years, she'll be carrying around an IU schedule and when one of your kids call to set some gathering up, she'll whip it out and you'll hear her say "um...No, Dad's got a game that night."

I know  ;) 

My wife and my two married daughters are all the same way! All things in my house are scheduled around IU Football and Basketball. It’s just the way we have always done it and love it. My wife’s a hair stylist and will call or text me for the time and channel so she can watch it at work! Man I love that woman!!! 😍😁

• Like 1

I think there are some misunderstanding of what my main point was. I was asked wearing the IU jersey meant. That was what I responding to and meant that todays players have no idea what weay that jersey means.

I would say for you guys who grew up in Indiana with family with deep roots in Indiana definitely knows it means.  The fans I think that has no clue arenthe out of state students who didn't follow IU until they got to Bloomington.  I have seen bigger IU gans who never syepngpot on the campus but has followed IU basketball gor 60 years.

First of all, tell Trey Galloway, Race Thompson, or Trayce Jackson Davis that they don’t represent IU basketball the right way.  I bet 99% of fans would support them.  And others of recent vintage.  There are so many, that you can’t list them all.

Second, the age baiting thing is absurd and tiresome.  I’m too young to have seen many types of teams that I have read about or seen in documentaries.  Lombardi’s Packers, Jackie Robinson’s breakthrough, the summer of 41 when Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio  were phenomenal and Pearl Harbor hadn’t happened yet.   My favorite sports speech of all time is Lou Gehrig’s luckiest man speech.  It’s so moving it’s hard to believe it’s real life and not an imaginary moment from a movie.  Many of us love that speech and I doubt there are any of us old enough to be alive then, let alone be old enough to remember the moment as it unfolded.  I love looking into great teams or stories of the past and I reject the notion that I’m not old enough to understand those teams.

Most people interested enough to speak up on a message board, would have enough interest to be curious about the past.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The missing from IU basketball is pride.  It started with tjr administration trying to go do gat away the RMK era.  Players today has no pride wearing the IU uniform and don't understand what that means.  Also fans don't have the pride in what IU basketball is supposed to be about.  There is to much me in players today and not enough pride about winning.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It is about pride for what IU basketball use to stand for, Integrity, hard work, winning the right way.  I don't expect anyone under 35 to truly understand this.  DD on his show was talking about the same thing and a lot of former players are embarrassed by the type of kids that has represented IU basketball.

Sometimes I feel bad because you get picked on, and then sometimes you step right into your own poop with these condescending blanket statements. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think there are some misunderstanding of what my main point was. I was asked wearing the IU jersey meant. That was what I responding to and meant that todays players have no idea what weay that jersey means.

I would say for you guys who grew up in Indiana with family with deep roots in Indiana definitely knows it means.  The fans I think that has no clue arenthe out of state students who didn't follow IU until they got to Bloomington.  I have seen bigger IU gans who never syepngpot on the campus but has followed IU basketball gor 60 years.

I also recommend that you please take an extra 10 seconds and spell check your posts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I know  ;) 

Happened this morning in my world. We volunteer for a church once a month on Saturday's and they have different shifts. Schedule came out and I'm the 11-1 shift and said perfect...the better half said well with IU playing at 330 I thought you'd want to be done early...so you can get home and get a pop or two in before game starts.

Heaven. 

• Like 2