Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Trevion Williams had an alleged assault incident at a McDonalds this year over french fries, and Gillis had a DUI over the summer...

TW50 video showed no assault or even contact….but he could have helped her up after she slipped and fell 

Mason was .272 colliding with parked cars.

MP has a 2 strike policy for these type of offenses.  Gillis has used his freebie 

The missing from IU basketball is pride.  It started with tjr administration trying to go do gat away the RMK era.  Players today has no pride wearing the IU uniform and don't understand what that means.  Also fans don't have the pride in what IU basketball is supposed to be about.  There is to much me in players today and not enough pride about winning.

5 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I think many are jumping to conclusions. They said it’s a curfew violation. Weed was not mentioned; the only reason it’s part of the conversation is because of a rumor on another board. It was actually reported that this was not drug related. Yet, the thread was completely derailed into this narrative.

I saw the rumor that Romeo was sleeping with Green’s girlfriend was brought up. Green was asked about that on a podcast and he laughed about it because it never happened. 

Message boards aren’t typically good about handling rumors. 

I have a direct connection with a manager on the team and he said it was curfew/drug related 

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The missing from IU basketball is pride.  It started with tjr administration trying to go do gat away the RMK era.  Players today has no pride wearing the IU uniform and don't understand what that means.  Also fans don't have the pride in what IU basketball is supposed to be about.  There is to much me in players today and not enough pride about winning.

What does the IU uniform mean?

What is Indiana University basketball supposed to be about? 

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The 22 year old should be a better example for the 20 year old? Bates and Lander did that s*** on their own. If 23 and 22 isn't a kid, neither is 19 or 20. 

These are all kids.  They're stupid.  But they want to act and be treated like adults.  So therefore they need to act accordingly also to be treated accordingly.  

One thing i will say, there is a maturity level difference between a Sr in college and true freshman.  I am old myself but i remember the difference in freshman when i was about to graduate.  They did look up to and do as we did.  I am not putting this on any individual and i don't give 2 shits if they smoke weed or drank.  But if Coach gave them rules and a curfew, they have to be adult enough to follow those rules or pay the price.  Simple as that.  We all have rules with work, society or our wives/girlfriends that have consequences.

Lets move on to MSU

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What does the IU uniform mean?

What is Indiana University basketball supposed to be about? 

It is about pride for what IU basketball use to stand for, Integrity, hard work, winning the right way.  I don't expect anyone under 35 to truly understand this.  DD on his show was talking about the same thing and a lot of former players are embarrassed by the type of kids that has represented IU basketball.

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

These are all kids.  They're stupid.  But they want to act and be treated like adults.  So therefore they need to act accordingly also to be treated accordingly.  

One thing i will say, there is a maturity level difference between a Sr in college and true freshman.  I am old myself but i remember the difference in freshman when i was about to graduate.  They did look up to and do as we did.  I am not putting this on any individual and i don't give 2 shits if they smoke weed or drank.  But if Coach gave them rules and a curfew, they have to be adult enough to follow those rules or pay the price.  Simple as that.  We all have rules with work, society or our wives/girlfriends that have consequences.

Lets move on to MSU

I agree with all that. I am absolutely ready to move to MSU. 

I was just mentioning, I believe, it's silly to think PS or XJ are more culpable then KL or TB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is about pride for what IU basketball use to stand for, Integrity, hard work, winning the right way.  I don't expect anyone under 35 to truly understand this.  DD on his show was talking about the same thing and a lot of former players are embarrassed by the type of kids that has represented IU basketball.

Complete bogus. You don't think we can comprehend what a good basketball program should look like? Unreal. 

DD is quite possibly the biggest hypocrite when we start talking about the "type" of people we want representing the university. 

• Like 5

Just now, btownqb said:

Complete bogus. You don't think we can comprehend what a good basketball program should look like? Unreal. 

DD is quite possibly the biggest hypocrite when we start talking about the "type" of people we want representing the university. 

Never said that but you haven't seen what IU basketball meant back then and you haven't seen winning at IU.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am just big stupid young person no understand complex things like integrity and hard work durp durp 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, btownqb said:

Don't you understand how much we won in the 80s!!! 

I'd say our three most famous players from the 80s are Thomas, Dakich, and Alford. I can't imagine a collection of individuals with more integrity than those three possess. Truly upstanding citizens, if only our players could be more like them as people. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I'd say our three most famous players from the 80s are Thomas, Dakich, and Alford. I can't imagine a collection of individuals with more integrity than those three possess. Truly upstanding citizens, if only our players could be more like them as people. 

Just incredible people who have never, ever once given our fans any reason to think less of them and their dedication to service and our university. 

Back to reality: our fans remember what they want in regards to players. Just because certain players had more individual success and team success here doesn't necessarily mean they "cared" more for the university. 

Moye, Odle, Hulls, Watford, Verdell, McSwain, Zeller, Eric Gordon and many more from the post-RMK era are still very active in the program or at least on social media supporting/showing interest in our current teams. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So... then what can't we understand? 

What IU basketball use to mean to the people of Indiana.  It just feels different than it use to.  People arranged their days around IU basketball and took pride in knowing what we would see that night.  There was an anticipation and excitement for game day and couldn't wait for Martha the mop lady to appear on TV 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Turner, Wittman, Tolbert, Kitchen, Smart, Thomas, Garrett

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

The 22 year old should be a better example for the 20 year old? Bates and Lander did that s*** on their own. If 23 and 22 isn't a kid, neither is 19 or 20. 

Bates is 18 (soon to be 19) and Lander is 19. 22 and 23 year olds with several years of college better be more mature or they have issues. You can’t tell me that the upperclassman don’t influence the young guys, either positively or negatively 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What IU basketball use to mean to the people of Indiana.  It just feels different than it use to.  People arranged their days around IU basketball and took pride in knowing what we would see that night.  There was an anticipation and excitement for game day and couldn't wait for Martha the mop lady to appear on TV 

I don't understand, Scott. I have been that way my whole life. Literally. There are hundreds of thousands of people that STILL do that for IU basketball that are young. 

Saturday I'm changing my day, and my wife's entire day around, just so I can watch the game. Thankfully she is awesome and allows that. I am not overly sure where we are in this conversation, but yeah, we all wish we would have seen more winning until this point, in our lives. The importance isn't any less though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Bates is 18 (soon to be 19) and Lander is 19. 22 and 23 year olds with several years of college better be more mature or they have issues. You can’t tell me that the upperclassman don’t influence the young guys, either positively or negatively 

So, your TB's dad, that's what you're telling CMW? It's not all Tamar's fault because there were older guys doing it to? That's a tough sell. I would agree with you in a HS setting. College setting? No way. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I understand what you're saying here Scott. There's lots of people out there that still arrange their day around IU basketball, myself included. Unfortunately, for those that are not die-hards, there are so many more options for entertainment now than there used to be. This isn't aided by an on-court product that has been subpar for the better part of 25 years.