2024 SG Jack Benter Commits to Purdue

Tuffhooper89

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

well then you're wrong, Jack is bigger, faster, stronger, and more explosive. Truthfully, I doubt you've seen Jack much at all. 

Yes, Jake is 4 years older than Jack. lol "already done it at the D1 level" .... Jack is signed to go to a Top 3 team in the country.

Where he will be about as useful as Trey Kaufman has been. I've seen the kid play. He can shoot. He's intelligent. But he's not that athletic. Maybe against Seymour HS he is.

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Where he will be about as useful as Trey Kaufman has been. I've seen the kid play. He can shoot. He's intelligent. But he's not that athletic. Maybe against Seymour HS he is.

What about Jeff when he had 30? or Providence when he had 32? 

Carmel 30pts+ on the road? Or the fact he's a Top 15 scorer all time in the state of Indiana lol 

TKR starts on a Top 3 team in the country, you could do worse with your college career. He's "not athletic" ok, but he's more athletic and quite a bit bigger than Heidbreder and Loyer, and they're both more than serviceable D1 players. Jack's taken pretty big steps as an athlete in the last year to year and a half. 

I will also mention, best hope he doesn't grow in college, like his dad did... 6'8+ Jack Benter is a flat-out problem. 

I think you sound like a jelly IU fan. Which we should be, there is no reason Jack Benter wasn't recruited by Indiana. Flat out miss by our staff. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ohhhh lol now you also know how "useful" he will be in college. That's funny. 

What about Jeff when he had 30? or Providence when he had 32? 

Carmel 30pts+ on the road? Or the fact he's a Top 15 scorer all time in the state of Indiana lol 

TKR starts on a Top 3 team in the country, you could do worse with your college career. He's "not athletic" ok, but he's more athletic and quite a bit bigger than Heidbreder and Loyer, and they're both more than serviceable D1 players. Jack's taken pretty big steps as an athlete in the last year to year and a half. 

I will also mention, best hope he doesn't grow in college, like his dad did... 6'8+ Jack Benter is a flat-out problem. 

I think you sound like a jelly IU fan. Which we should be, there is no reason Jack Benter wasn't recruited by Indiana. Flat out miss by our staff. 

WOW!!! I'm shocked that IU missed on an in state recruit that Purdue took. In other news the sky is blue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Lol TKR has played his role well. Will have a much bigger opportunity next year after the 2x NPOY is gone.  That’s not the knock you think it is on TKR. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

No offense but I trust @btownqbover you. 

"watch the tapes" he says lolololol 

There is absolutely nothing similar to Benter and Hartman's play. Yaps about BC's schedule--- completely disregard when I mentioned Jack put 30+ on Providence, Carmel, and Jeffersonville. 

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

WOW!!! I'm shocked that IU missed on an in state recruit that Purdue took. In other news the sky is blue. 

Any IU fan trying to throw shade at Jack is absolutely stupid. You see it on Harrell's site, you've seen it on here some... yodda yodda. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol TKR has played his role well. Will have a much bigger opportunity next year after the 2x NPOY is gone.  That’s not the knock you think it is on TKR. 

If Jack played at New Albany there'd be no questioning him. For some reason, even though we play HANDS DOWN, the best 2A schedule in the state... some still are? Laughable. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

FK has no clue what he is talking about. Again, IU fans throw shade at Jack... they have no clue what they're talking about. River schools are upset BC has owned them for the last three years. 

If Jack played at New Albany there'd be no questioning him. For some reason, even though we play HANDS DOWN, the best 2A schedule in the state... some still are? Laughable. 

Brownstown Central played a significantly tougher schedule than, say, Heritage Hills.  :coffee:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

I assume Jack grew up an IU fan? 

How is his defense, both individually and as part of the team’s defense? That will determine whether he sees the court next year. 

15 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

I assume Jack grew up an IU fan? 

How is his defense, both individually and as part of the team’s defense? That will determine whether he sees the court next year. 

I'm pretty sure Jack is RSing.  Jack will defend fine. 

On 3/11/2024 at 12:35 PM, Fkfootball said:

Kaufman-Renn is playing in a rather large shadow of the soon to be 2-time National Player of the Year.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

Just so tired of watching Southern Indiana kids go to purdue.

I can't speak to all of them, but for Kaufmann-Renn. what I observed was that Purdue was on him earlier than IU, and Painter did a much better job of building the relationship.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/13/2024 at 12:12 PM, jojo123 said:

So sick of hearing the argument about a Kidd not being that athletic. Basketball skills and IQ still go along way in the making of a good college player.

I wouldn't have said much except Btown had to take a dig at a kid I know. A kid that will probably lead Clemson in scoring next season and will play pro basketball eventually.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Speaking the truth is a dig?

Instead of talking up Benter he says, "he's better than Jake Heidbreder", knowing that I'm a Floyd Central fan. Jake Heidbreder is very good. If he played for Indiana he'd be their best guard. 

11 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Instead of talking up Benter he says, "he's better than Jake Heidbreder", knowing that I'm a Floyd Central fan. Jake Heidbreder is very good. If he played for Indiana he'd be their best guard. 

He did talk up Benter. Your “he’s a good shooter but not a good athlete” comment was just a chance for him to call you out on a bad take. 

20 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

except the only person who took time to type a message about how much they don’t care 🤷 

False. Best you got? Don’t give two shits about Jack Benter. You probably have 3 people on all of HSN who do. You guys should PM about him so the damn thread can be flushed like it should be. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

False. Best you got? Don’t give two shits about Jack Benter. You probably have 3 people on all of HSN who do. You guys should PM about him so the damn thread can be flushed like it should be. 

not sure why I look at this thread. It should be locked up. I don’t care anything about a Purdue kid or how good he will be the same why about any other big ten player. I care about IU players. 

• Like 3