2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

That sucks.

I take that back... 1-1 for Arraez but still .316...

And, they did pull him... Screenshot_20221005-165955.thumb.png.f72ae3b12ab8c0d6e029c8cda3e130e1.png

Ted Williams was hitting .39955 on the last day in 1941 which technically (and for the record) was .400...

His manager offered to sit him but Teddy Ballgame wasn't having it... He went 6-8 in a double header with the A's and wound up at .406...

Edited by IUFLA

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't know if the Reds was going to pull this off but it looks like they will lose 100 games. Down 9-2 in the 6th and with the Pirates up 5-3 in the 7th they might tie for the 3rd worst record in MLB 62-100

Now 15-2 in the 8th.  

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For just the second time in team history the Reds lose 100 games. After a season like this you would think it would cost the manager would lose his job. This is all on the ownership and this isn't on Bell but am interested to see what they do with Bell.

Name:  7BD449D0-B0A5-4864-AB41-21F1CB461C59.jpeg Views: 0 Size:  25.9 KB

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

For just the second time in team history the Reds lose 100 games. After a season like this you would think it would cost the manager would lose his job. This is all on the ownership and this isn't on Bell but am interested to see what they do with Bell.

I was thinking last night that it has to be easier to win 100 than to lose 100, correct??

52 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was thinking last night that it has to be easier to win 100 than to lose 100, correct??

Oh definitely not. The reason should be obvious. A team could sign a roster of guys off HSN for next season, and we'd have no problem losing 100+ games. Much tougher to build a team that could win 100+.

Overall there have been 116 instances of 100+ win seasons. There have been 160 seasons of losing 100+ games, so it's about 38% more common. But it's the Yankees, the most storied franchise in the sport, than even gets it that close. The Yankees have 21 seasons of 100+ wins, to just two of 100+ losses. Only the As and Dodgers even have ten such winning seasons. Excluding the Yankees, 100+ losing seasons are about 66% more common.

The Reds have four 100+ win seasons. Three of those four they won the World Series. Despite their recent struggles, the Reds do actually have a better history than most franchises. Teams like the Blue Jays, Rangers, National, Marlins, Brewers and Padres have never won 100 games. The White Sox, Rays, Royals, and Diamondbacks have only done it once each. Meanwhile, franchises that have been around forever like the Pirates, Phillies, Braves, Athletics and Orioles have all lost 100+ games ten or more times.

16 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Oh definitely not. The reason should be obvious. A team could sign a roster of guys off HSN for next season, and we'd have no problem losing 100+ games. Much tougher to build a team that could win 100+.

Overall there have been 116 instances of 100+ win seasons. There have been 160 seasons of losing 100+ games, so it's about 38% more common. But it's the Yankees, the most storied franchise in the sport, than even gets it that close. The Yankees have 21 seasons of 100+ wins, to just two of 100+ losses. Only the As and Dodgers even have ten such winning seasons. Excluding the Yankees, 100+ losing seasons are about 66% more common.

The Reds have four 100+ win seasons. Three of those four they won the World Series. Despite their recent struggles, the Reds do actually have a better history than most franchises. Teams like the Blue Jays, Rangers, National, Marlins, Brewers and Padres have never won 100 games. The White Sox, Rays, Royals, and Diamondbacks have only done it once each. Meanwhile, franchises that have been around forever like the Pirates, Phillies, Braves, Athletics and Orioles have all lost 100+ games ten or more times.

I don't disagree with your arguments but you have to try to lose 100 and find a way to sell that to your fans if you have any left.  For me I think you have to try hard to be that bad. To win currently all you have to do is be willing to spend whatever you want. My comment was not really being serious but the more I thought about it in todays game I am leaning toward winning is easier. I know there is nothing to support my claim. 

Thank you for doing all that research that I was too lazy to look up. I do appreciate that 

17 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Teams like the Blue Jays, Rangers, National, Marlins, Brewers and Padres have never won 100 games

For context, all of those were expansion franchises...

19 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

The White Sox, Rays, Royals, and Diamondbacks have only done it once each.

3 of those 4 we're expansion franchises... No explanation for the White Sox...

21 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Meanwhile, franchises that have been around forever like the Pirates, Phillies, Braves, Athletics and Orioles have all lost 100+ games ten or more times.

Most of the Orioles 100 loss seasons were as the St Louis Browns... Interesting that the only two franchises that have moved twice are in that club too...