2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Just watched video evidence on MLB network that showed Contrares set up only a foot behind Martinez's bat before the swing and then stuck his arm FORWARD from there.  For the record, bats are close to 3 feet in length.  Do the math.

Not disagreeing with any of that. Doesn’t change the fact that Martinez was outside the batters box. Both players were at fault. 

I'm not sure the Cubs can keep running Christopher Morel out there at 3rd...2 errors tonight leading to an unearned run...

And if Rowdy Tellez wears that yellow jersey out of the ballpark, school kids will try to board him...😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Cubs trading for Tyson Miller fills a huge need, while trading away a farm guy that was not likely getting through with the Cubs. Glad they didnt wait until July. 

I know we drafted him but otherwise I know nothing. I've shared my thoughts on here about our bullpen. Now we need 2-3 more guys and oh by the way Trevor Bauer is still available.

I mean it took Counsell to finally make some public comments about needing bullpen help for Jed to get going. Our delays have easily cost us 10 games.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 7:44 PM, IU Scott said:

I am starting to wonder if Hunter Green will ever reach his potential. He can throw 98-100 and has a good slider but he can't put it all together. Tonight he has given up 4 runs in 4.1 innings and still had runners on. Reds down 4-0 to the Phillies 

Hunter GREENE since this--

24.2IP 15H 11BB 22K 5ER 1.86ERA 1.07WHIP

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am a great motivator 

Frustrating how good the starting pitching has been. And the bullpen has been fine, not great, not terrible. 

Greene, Lodolo, Abbott, Ashcraft, and Montas has PERFORMED like a very good unit. Get Williamson back, I guess he'll come out of the pen with Suter/Cruz. Diaz hasn't been himself... but that's 9 very capable pitchers. 

CES, Marte, McClain, Friedl all being out--- just too much to overcome. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Frustrating how good the starting pitching has been. And the bullpen has been fine, not great, not terrible. 

Greene, Lodolo, Abbott, Ashcraft, and Montas has PERFORMED like a very good unit. Get Williamson back, I guess he'll come out of the pen with Suter/Cruz. Diaz hasn't been himself... but that's 9 very capable pitchers. 

CES, Marte, McClain, Friedl all being out--- just too much to overcome. 

I have been disappointed in Martinez and Pegan out of the bullpen. With Martinez they need to just have him come out of the bullpen instead of trying him as a starter.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have been disappointed in Martinez and Pegan out of the bullpen. With Martinez they need to just have him come out of the bullpen instead of trying him as a starter.

I will say--- also having Collier, Arroyo, Lowder, Petty, and Phillips in the fold--- along with a Top 2 pick (in this draft specifically)----- along with EDLC, McClain, Steer, Marte, Benson, CES. Not the worst of times to be a Reds fan.