Offseason 2022

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah lol when it was guarded by 80s defenders. 

At least guys could hit open shots. They actually ran a good offense where players and the ball moved without a lot of dribbling.  Today the offense is so easy to guard since 3 guys are usually standing and not moving.  The ball screen is the dumbest thing that college coaches had brought into the college game.  Why bring two defenders to the ball

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

To sum it up, their new NIL deals are what some are assuming that they will stay

It might just be semantics, but does an NIL terminate at graduation? Can you have a NIL while not playing/fulfilling your eligibility? Is it just then considered a standard sponsorship deal?

15 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

It might just be semantics, but does an NIL terminate at graduation? Can you have a NIL while not playing/fulfilling your eligibility? Is it just then considered a standard sponsorship deal?

I know that the deals can't be tied to the athlete going to or staying at a particular school. 

I haven't seen any of the deals personally but I would bet it's just a contract that's signed which lasts for a certain amount of time. I bet most of the deals are 1 year or less since the players could transfer, go pro, or otherwise not be on the team the next year. Even though they can't have it in the contract, I imagine that people/companies that want to give players at a specific school a deal check that the players will actually be at that school the next season before signing them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I know that the deals can't be tied to the athlete going to or staying at a particular school. 

I haven't seen any of the deals personally but I would bet it's just a contract that's signed which lasts for a certain amount of time. I bet most of the deals are 1 year or less since the players could transfer, go pro, or otherwise not be on the team the next year. Even though they can't have it in the contract, I imagine that people/companies that want to give players at a specific school a deal check that the players will actually be at that school the next season before signing them.

My guess is that it's more like monthly and they won't be offered another month if they leave.

although i would be concerned about Geronimo, I'd be pretty stoked with a lineup of XJ, JHS, Bates, Race, TJD.  personally i disagree with the majority on XJ.  i do think he should be gone, but if he's here, he is clearly starting.  if Bates is good enough to start over Galloway, that is going to be a good thing.  of course remains to be seen.  JHS is a starter.  that lineup is a top 25 team and a solid seed in the tourney.  

• Like 1

Hold on.. in few words, you guys in business, describe how much the Kelley School of Business and its graduates should benefit IU in terms of NIL and its overall effectiveness? 

This is what this school was born to do, right? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1