BTT INDIANA BEATS MICHIGAN POST GAME THREAD

KDB

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Fantastic my friend. KOB and I were NOTTTTTT happy with the dudes in stripes 😂😂

The officiating was borderline criminal. I can't remember a more lopsided, absolutely atrocious piece of reffing. 

I know I certainly complain about officiating, but I never think it's a conspiracy or anything, I just think refs suck. 

But I was literally during the game questioning out loud whether or not the Big 10 was told IU had no chance at the tourney, so they we're rigging the game for Michigan. 

That is how bad and blatantly biased the officiating was. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

The officiating was borderline criminal. I can't remember a more lopsided, absolutely atrocious piece of reffing. 

I know I certainly complain about officiating, but I never think it's a conspiracy or anything, I just think refs suck. 

But I was literally during the game questioning out loud whether or not the Big 10 was told IU had no chance at the tourney, so they we're rigging the game for Michigan. 

That's why I thought Coach Woodson's tech was so important...

They were still crappy, but at least they were crappy both ways (or so it seemed)...

• Like 3

Per FANSIDED:

Gut reactions from Michigan basketball’s loss to Indiana

• Michigan might make the NCAA Tournament but it can’t complain if it doesn’t.
  • The Wolverines would have been a 10 seed at worst with a loss.
  • They can’t win back-to-back games.
  • Hunter Dickinson disappeared when it mattered most.
  • DeVante Jones spent too much time complaining about fouls in the second half.
  • Jones and Eli Brooks were terrible on offense down the stretch.
  • The defense totally collapsed. Way too many dunks, layups, and open 3s.
  • Caleb Houstan can’t be trusted in crunch time.
  • Moussa Diabate is the only draftable player on this roster right now.
  • This season has been incredibly frustrating.
  • It’s going to be a long wait till Sunday.
  • Go Blue.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's why I thought Coach Woodson's tech was so important...

They were still crappy, but at least they were crappy both ways (or so it seemed)...

Woodson working the refs cannot got understated, even after the tech. I don’t think we win without that. 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

People knock Kopp, but he is very good defensively on being in the right place, good position. He is limited athletically, so he can get beat. But he is very smart defensively, and under rated there.

I said the same thing a few games ago. I started focusing on his off the defensive and dude is always in position 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I read through the game thread, in it’s entirety.

Props to @bluegrassIUfor wondering where @Sea Turtledisappeared to. Same for @jojo123. Only here to bitch and such.

Props also to @kyhoosier29for giving the team kudos when they deserved them.

Props to you for reading this...I'm going to read this to my children for their bed time story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Not to argue but I sort of felt the Purdue game last Saturday was worse. Indiana had 21 fouls to their 11 and we lost by two.

Agree about the Purdue game being and the gap being wider, but I thought Purdue was more about tricky tack calls being called on us but not them.

Today, Michigan was literally tackling us at times (2 XJ plays late where no whistle was called as just two examples) and no fouls were being called. 

It was way more blatant today in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Just now, BGleas said:

Agree about the Purdue game being and the gap being wider, but I thought Purdue was more about tricky tack calls being called on us but not them.

Today, Michigan was literally tackling us at times (2 XJ plays late where no whistle was called as just two examples) and no fouls were being called. 

It was way more blatant today in my opinion. 

I agree with this assessment.

• Like 1

Also, since I wasn't in the game thread, was there any mention of Dickenson blatantly elbowing Galloway in the head on his 3pt shot?

Like, I've never seen a shooter jab his elbow directly to the right on his follow through like that.

I was shocked the refs didn't review it, until I remembered how horrible the refs were. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Also, since I wasn't in the game thread, was there any mention of Dickenson blatantly elbowing Galloway in the head on his 3pt shot?

Like, I've never seen a shooter jab his elbow directly to the right on his follow through like that.

I was shocked the refs didn't review it, until I remembered how horrible the refs were. 

The more I watch, the more I believe that Dickinson is a punk. No respect for him at all 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It was blatant and brutal...you could fracture an orbital. But are you allowed to drop your arms straight down? I'm honestly asking here. It seems that Galloway got into the mythical cylinder.

3 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

It was blatant and brutal...you could fracture an orbital. But are you allowed to drop your arms straight down? I'm honestly asking here. It seems that Galloway got into the mythical cylinder.

I don't have a clip but I recalled Galloway's head being to the right Dickinson's arm and Dickinson making an unnatural motion towards Galloway's head. 

• Like 2

I know win or lose state of the program posts are always popular....or in this case I hope not. I'm feeling a switch with this group. A pissed off we can't keep letting this happen type of switch. Xavier. We thank you. You were booed the last time at Gainbridge by our fans....and in 5 months you've galvanized us. Kid is not Yogi yet....but man another year he is the gas pedal. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I almost put a hole in the drywall after that NO CALL. OBVIOUS F2!!!! The B1G has an initiative to hoze IU. It's becoming obvious. With CMW's tech, and our guys focusing, at least that starts to make the game 8 on 6.

If I were CMW, I would be in custody right now, but there would be at least one zebra skin on my cell wall.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

After just watching the game, I have to agree.

-Michigan gets away with pushing the IU offensive player when getting beat. They push them and get them going fast enough that they aren't able to make a move toward the basket. Saw that a lot in the first half.

-the fouls on Xavier and Durr were criminal. Durr had his feet set, was hit in the gut hard, and lost form. Terrible call.

-Every little thing in college basketball gets reviewed. Dickinson shoots a three and elbows Galloway with his not shooting elbow. I'm no expert, but not many people swing their off elbow around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Just mentioned this. That was laughable. Blatant elbow to the head.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I know win or lose state of the program posts are always popular....or in this case I hope not. I'm feeling a switch with this group. A pissed off we can't keep letting this happen type of switch. Xavier. We thank you. You were booed the last time at Gainbridge by our fans....and in 5 months you've galvanized us. Kid is not Yogi yet....but man another year he is the gas pedal. 

I added a 'like' on this post for @Coach Shep.  I have to think that's what he would do had he been able to participate in the threads today.

• Like 1