IU "NIT watch"

rico

34 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

If we get in and get a home game do you think Glas will give up the home game and have us play on the road? Speaking of that, exactly why did he do that last year?

I think Glass read the fans displeasure with Crean and decided a non-home game was better for him on his way out. We lose that game at home and it probably would have gotten downright ugly.

I can't imagine fans are displeased with Archie and would have the game at home if possible this year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm guessing i missed the thread title getting changed?  i just read through.  NIT is the goal for this team.  that's okay.  i still think next year we could be very very good.  

Depends on who is back and how they improve over the summer. We will rely on the newcomers and unless 1 of them is Romeo, that isn't usually a recipe for success. 

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm guessing i missed the thread title getting changed?  i just read through.  NIT is the goal for this team.  that's okay.  i still think next year we could be very very good.  

Next year can be better, but I'm not so sure it'd be very very good. Coach will have some evaluation to do at the end of season, and he may need to do some adjustment on the roster. I think we'll have a young team next year.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I was thinking about this last night.  If Juwan comes back and we land Romeo, we could be very good.  But if Juwan leaves and we don’t get Romeo, we could be even worse next year than we are this year.

12 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I was thinking about this last night.  If Juwan comes back and we land Romeo, we could be very good.  But if Juwan leaves and we don’t get Romeo, we could be even worse next year than we are this year.

My god if we don't have both of them, we'll be an NIT team at best. 

1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

I do in the long run, but let's not forget they will be true freshmen. They are good talents but not the cream of the crop.

This.  A lineup of Phinisee, Hunter, Smith, Moore/Thompson, and Davis, with Green, Durham, Anderson, Forrester, and a couple grad transfers off the bench, is not going anywhere next season.

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Morgan isn’t going anywhere unless he doesn’t like playing Archie ball. The ground swell behind this idea that he’ll be gone is weird. 

Not really that weird when you consider we just had two players leave to go play in the D League last year.  Juwan could easily make the same decision.

6 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Morgan isn’t going anywhere unless he doesn’t like playing Archie ball. The ground swell behind this idea that he’ll be gone is weird. 

Why wouldn't he like it though, he's never been considered such a star in his entire basketball career.  I'd be shocked if he isn't back. 

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Not really that weird when you consider we just had two players leave to go play in the D League last year.  Juwan could easily make the same decision.

Those were both guys that always had their eyes on the NBA from the day they set foot on campus.  It has never even been a sure thing Juwan would play in the NBA.  The mindset is different. 

Archived