IU "NIT watch"

rico

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Those were both guys that always had their eyes on the NBA from the day they set foot on campus.  It has never even been a sure thing Juwan would play in the NBA.  The mindset is different. 

How do you know the mindset is different?  He’s watched the two other members of his recruiting class leave early to go pro, along with Yogi, Troy, and Blackmon.  You don’t think he views himself as being on the same level as those guys?

For what it’s worth, a guy I know who’s connected to the program told me that Juwan is set to graduate after this year, and people in the program right now have the sense that there’s a decent chance he’ll leave whether or not he’s going to be drafted.  I haven’t mentioned it because I’m not really a big “unfounded rumors” guy, but take it for what it’s worth.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

Yeah, I saw that. Looks like we're CBI bound. Will be interesting if that will be the case. Is IU still going to say "We're Indiana!"?

I don't think that Indiana said "We're Indiana". I think that it was a certain coach that used that term. Hopefully, it was put to rest when he left. 

23 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

The only case he'd go would be he feels there's a good chance he'd go in the first round. This year's draft is pretty stacked. 

He could also leave and go to another school where he has a chance at a title or more exposure.  As a graduate transfer he could go almost anywhere that offers the same degree as IU.  Doesn't have to go pro

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He could also leave and go to another school where he has a chance at a title or more exposure.  As a graduate transfer he could go almost anywhere that offers the same degree as IU.  Doesn't have to go pro

Never thought from that angle. Will he get his degree this year?

13 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Kid grew up watching Kansas and Mizzou. Wouldn’t it be a kick in the junk if he finished up at KU and Romeo went with? 

For the record, I think he will either go pro or stay at IU. No reason to transfer at all. 

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

Kid grew up watching Kansas and Mizzou. Wouldn’t it be a kick in the junk if he finished up at KU and Romeo went with? 

For the record, I think he will either go pro or stay at IU. No reason to transfer at all. 

I think he goes pro myself.  If he continues to have the year he is having, i just don't see him increasing his stock that much more.  Yeah he could show his 3 point shot but honestly he would be taking more change to get hurt or have a worst year.

17 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This.  A lineup of Phinisee, Hunter, Smith, Moore/Thompson, and Davis, with Green, Durham, Anderson, Forrester, and a couple grad transfers off the bench, is not going anywhere next season.

i totally agree with all the points of us not being very very good without Juwan and Romeo, but... as much as landing a 5 * like Romeo would make all the difference in the world and even make us potential national contenders... i'm saying Phinessee, Durham, Smith, Morgan, and Davis with McRoberts, Green, Hunter, and Anderson would be very very good.  not national contenders good, but very very solid.  another year with CAM's system will go a long way.  another year of Morgan would be huge.  i still have to think we haven't seen the best of Davis.  

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i totally agree with all the points of us not being very very good without Juwan and Romeo, but... as much as landing a 5 * like Romeo would make all the difference in the world and even make us potential national contenders... i'm saying Phinessee, Durham, Smith, Morgan, and Davis with McRoberts, Green, Hunter, and Anderson would be very very good.  not national contenders good, but very very solid.  another year with CAM's system will go a long way.  another year of Morgan would be huge.  i still have to think we haven't seen the best of Davis.  

We’d definitely be very solid with Morgan but no Romeo next year.  Another year of improvement from Morgan could make him a CPOY candidate.  We would be a tough out in the tournament.  But without Morgan we’re an NIT team at best again.

Archived