2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

• 4 weeks later...

Chatter on one IU site from one IU poster that Duke is now recruiting Flory as a top priority, and after only a week, may even lead.  Says Duke was his dream school. 

"Duke now very much matters in this recruitment."

Just passing on the rumor.  No idea if credible or not.  Maybe someone else here knows more, one way or the other.  

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Chatter on one IU site from one IU poster that Duke is now recruiting Flory as a top priority, and after only a week, may even lead.  Says Duke was his dream school. 

Just passing on the rumor.  No idea if credible or not.  Maybe someone else here knows more, one way or the other.  

Maybe when he visits he will remember that Coach K isn’t there anymore…

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Madison22 said:

I heard Queen is still a real possibility since his contact at Maryland left. 

Edited by Victobmyboy
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

He still is behind the scenes though. 

He’s not going to be coaching the kid nor interacting day to day. When kids dream of playing at Duke that’s pretty synonymous with playing under Coach K. We will see if Duke can still be that same program moving forward…I won’t hold my breath. Suddenly kids will figure out they are playing in an outdated Cracker Jack box gym, in front of mostly a bunch of privileged kids that they have nothing in common with, for a coach that isn’t qualified to tie the shoes of the man he replaced when it comes to Basketball knowledge….we will see how that speaks to future recruits.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

He’s not going to be coaching the kid nor interacting day to day. When kids dream of playing at Duke that’s pretty synonymous with playing under Coach K. We will see if Duke can still be that same program moving forward…I won’t hold my breath. Suddenly kids will figure out they are playing in an outdated Cracker Jack box gym, in front of mostly a bunch of privileged kids that they have nothing in common with, for a coach that isn’t qualified to tie the shoes of the man he replaced when it comes to Basketball knowledge….we will see how that speaks to future recruits.

I was going to say something similar.

Many say we have no chance.  But Flory has visited many times, and really enjoyed them.  His smiles are genuine.  Gabe Cupps recruits him constantly.  Trayce looked for him immediately after we beat then #1 Purdue at home on national television.

Flory says relationships matter to him.  I can't think of anyone who has been better recruited by Indiana.

image.png.7adee8d60e262c8fb870410124354c71.png  

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Many say we have no chance.  But Flory has visited many times, and really enjoyed them.  His smiles are genuine.  Gabe Cupps recruits him constantly.  Trayce looked for him immediately after we beat then #1 Purdue at home on national television.

Flory says relationships matter to him.  I can't think of anyone who has been better recruited by Indiana.

JMO, but this reminds me of the Mgbako recruitment. Mom, Dad, and MM all had genuine smiles on their faces when they visited Bloomington.....

Who knows??

• Like 4

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Where is the evidence leading some to think IU has no shot here?

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It’s been repeated on message boards a lot and some insiders connection thinks we have no shot.

So lots of hearsay based on next to nothing. 

2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

JMO, but this reminds me of the Mgbako recruitment. Mom, Dad, and MM all had genuine smiles on their faces when they visited Bloomington.....

Who knows??

Yeah, I'm just not buying this AT ALL.  I absolutely think IU has a chance just like all the other suitors.

Well, except for Turdue.  I'm sure he has no interest in getting beat twice a year by IU. :coffee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1