2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

16 hours ago, Indykev said:

Good luck with that. Every kid goes to college thinking about the NBA and who can get them there.

I think you're missing the point. I am not naive to this. I was saying I think you want kids who also want to win where they go. And I don't think every one and done (potential lottery pick) doesn't care about winning in college. I would like to see IU win on the court as well has help kids get to the NBA. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

After watching some of Queen's game just now makes feel that if we get Queen we will forget all about Bidunga. Queen had 21/13/9 and woul had a triple double but a player missed a layup at the buzzer off a pass from Queen

Queen is a more finished product. Flory has more ceiling. Imho. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The question is, does he reach the ceiling in college or pro ball. Would much rather have a guy who is polished over one who has “potential.”

Absolutely. Flory may become a Hanner type. Doubt it. Seems more dialed in. He’s a two year max guy(of course). Will be interesting seeing him in college. 

I will say this but preface it by saying I was hoping flory would come to IU. A very well known high school basketball coach in the area whose team plays against Flory every year told me he doesn’t think he will be a great college player. He told me he thinks he is basically a dunking machine against inferior high school big men. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I will say this but preface it by saying I was hoping flory would come to IU. A very well known high school basketball coach in the area whose team plays against Flory every year told me he doesn’t think he will be a great college player. He told me he thinks he is basically a dunking machine against inferior high school big men. 

I thought the same thing about Shawn Kemp.

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Have fun in college, kid. 3 excellent options and Michigan, don't go there lol 

I don't get the love for Michigan with Juwan Howard there.  That guy sucks as a coach.  You would be hard pressed to find a guy who did less with more in the country last year.

• Like 2

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't get the love for Michigan with Juwan Howard there.  That guy sucks as a coach.  You would be hard pressed to find a guy who did less with more in the country last year.

You're confused why 18yr old kids aren't interested in Michigan and Juwan Howard? 

They have the cool factor. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

You're confused why 18yr old kids aren't interested in Michigan and Juwan Howard? 

They have the cool factor. 

Seemed to have the loser factor to me last year.  I mean whatever, it is their life but Michigan being "cool" doesn't do much for your game.  And if you listen to their former douche who just moved on they suck at development and pay poorly to boot.

Wonder what these words from Hunter Dickinson will mean to future recruits...

"Dickinson downplayed the tactics of U of M’s head coach Juwan Howard, stating that his practices were not challenging enough.

I’d say they were definitely harder than Michigan, especially at this point. I mean, Michigan — wouldn’t even get the campus to like to July 1. So had way more of a head start here,” Dickinson said. “But I remember the first couple of practices, I was so out of shape and I felt like coming in I was in pretty solid shape, but no, I needed a lot more growth in that area.”

Link

12 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Own dime? Don’t think so…. didn’t pay for those tix behind the bench for the 1,000 games he went to. Guarantee you that. 

Granted I dont know the ins and outs, but I thought recruits were only allowed 1 official visit to a school, and only during an official visit can the school pay for your travel, game tickets, 3 meals/day. And unofficial visits nothing could be paid for by the University. Has that changed? or am I off base?

13 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I was under the same impression. a 1&d project player...how much could he help a college team? Go to OTE or something.