2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

18 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Talk about dusty banners....I am in my mid 40's and those guys were on campus when I was in middle school.

Dusty banners or not the Fab 5 made Michigan cool imo.  Besides being pretty dang good the fashion statement they made even resonated with me back then.  I started wearing long shorts and short colored socks.  BTW...I am 56.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rico said:

Dusty banners or not the Fab 5 made Michigan cool imo.  Besides being pretty dang good the fashion statement they made even resonated with me back then.  I started wearing long shorts and short colored socks.  BTW...I am 56.

The 30-30 ESPN show on them kinda puts them in a Dr Dre light as being pioneers of the hip-hop culture...

That's cool even to the younger crowd... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't get the love for Michigan with Juwan Howard there.  That guy sucks as a coach.  You would be hard pressed to find a guy who did less with more in the country last year.

He's close, but Penny Hardaway and Patrick Ewing are the recent runaway winners in that category.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Wonder what these words from Hunter Dickinson will mean to future recruits...

"Dickinson downplayed the tactics of U of M’s head coach Juwan Howard, stating that his practices were not challenging enough.

I’d say they were definitely harder than Michigan, especially at this point. I mean, Michigan — wouldn’t even get the campus to like to July 1. So had way more of a head start here,” Dickinson said. “But I remember the first couple of practices, I was so out of shape and I felt like coming in I was in pretty solid shape, but no, I needed a lot more growth in that area.”

Link

"...arguably the best college basketball player to ever enter the transfer portal."

🤣🤣🤣...not a surprising take from a Fansided writer.  He's much more likely the biggest douchebag to ever enter the transfer portal.  There's probably some truth to his criticisms, but come on, man...do you have to be such a punchable douchebag?  I personally hope he sucks at Kansas just because.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

"...arguably the best college basketball player to ever enter the transfer portal."

🤣🤣🤣...not a surprising take from a Fansided writer.  He's much more likely the biggest douchebag to ever enter the transfer portal.  There's probably some truth to his criticisms, but come on, man...do you have to be such a punchable douchebag?  I personally hope he sucks at Kansas just because.

I've never liked Dickinson because he's a dirty player and a punk...

I never had a beef with Kansas until last year when they beat us, and then their haughty attitude during  the Mgbako recruitment (and the subsequent back stroking was hilarious)... But they're right in there with Kentucky, Purdue, and Illinois now as far as I'm concerned...

I hope we give them a total beatdown in SSAH this year... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Granted I dont know the ins and outs, but I thought recruits were only allowed 1 official visit to a school, and only during an official visit can the school pay for your travel, game tickets, 3 meals/day. And unofficial visits nothing could be paid for by the University. Has that changed? or am I off base?

You’re right, but I’m sure there are loopholes. No way that kid paid for tickets behind the bench on any of the trips that followed his official. And he visited a bunch. 

9 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You’re right, but I’m sure there are loopholes. No way that kid paid for tickets behind the bench on any of the trips that followed his official. And he visited a bunch. 

I got what you meant. There's no way he visited indiana so many times and paid for all of the trips etc. himself. Regardless the amount of times he visited and not to even be considered? Weird. I'm not hurt by it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I got what you meant. There's no way he visited indiana so many times and paid for all of the trips etc. himself. Regardless the amount of times he visited and not to even be considered? Weird. I'm not hurt by it.

Yeah, makes no sense unless he was just using IU. Odd, kind of disrespectful really to visit that many times without true interest. But who knows, maybe Woody told him a while back that he had “x” amount of time to decide or we were moving on and Flory wasn’t ready to decide. The whole thing from our perspective/without knowing behind the scene details is just weird.

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1

I’m obviously not saying that this happened, but is it possible that something changed on our end recently? As in, perhaps our staff decided not to prioritize Flory, and felt more comfortable moving forward with Queen? All smoke and mirrors here, but I haven’t the slightest idea how we don’t make his final four unless we backed off. I really won’t pretend to know anything about this recruitment, other than things ended weird.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’m obviously not saying that this happened, but is it possible that something changed on our end recently? As in, perhaps our staff decided not to prioritize Flory, and felt more comfortable moving forward with Queen? All smoke and mirrors here, but I haven’t the slightest idea how we don’t make his final four unless we backed off. I really won’t pretend to know anything about this recruitment, other than things ended weird.

I would say it was the other way around and stopped recruiting him.when.he was not interested

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I would say it was the other way around and stopped recruiting him.when.he was not interested

I get it, but what I meant to say and should’ve added, was that once FB made it clear that he wasn’t 100% interested in IU and he’d always liked duke… did we turn our priorities to the more polished player? I just don’t think that it was a coincidence that Queen came to the forefront once FB said that he’d been waiting on a Duke offer.

26 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I get it, but what I meant to say and should’ve added, was that once FB made it clear that he wasn’t 100% interested in IU and he’d always liked duke… did we turn our priorities to the more polished player? I just don’t think that it was a coincidence that Queen came to the forefront once FB said that he’d been waiting on a Duke offer.

I guess I still don't see what is so glamorous about Duke now. The glamorousness of Duke left a couple of years ago. So far Scheyer has not shown alot. 

Edited by ButlerHoosier
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

I guess I still don't see what is so glamorous about Duke now. The glamorousness of Duke left a couple of years ago. So far Scheyer has not shown alot. 

Duke is still gonna be Duke no matter who the coach is.  They will continue to get talent.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

Apples to oranges.

The appeal of Duke will wear off eventually, if they don’t continue to have the success under Scheyer that they had under coach K. Not to mention they play in a glorified HS gym, and facilities do matter. They’ve gotten by on the ESPN hype of “Cameron Indoor”, but that will wear off too.

• Like 5