2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

Bidunga is destroying everyone in the Top 100 camp this week, per Rivals:

"One of the top four players in the 2024 class, and the No. 1 center, Flory Bidunga was the most dominant player we watched on Thursday. He made all eight of his shot attempts – most of them thunderous dunks – on the way to 17 points, and grabbed nine rebounds.

A very active 6-foot-10, 230-pounder, Bidunga was impressive defensively. On the perimeter he was comfortable switching on screens to guard a smaller player and in the paint his presence is respected by drivers.

Bidunga has nine blocks in four games. He seems to challenge just about everything."

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiSztdTPA3nuFvo9aSvtYJorS8ssi_QtgY5q-O-2ac39vGbbjiNx_UhxX5GxR2WiVUS_w&usqp=CAU

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Bidunga is destroying everyone in the Top 100 camp this week, per Rivals:

"One of the top four players in the 2024 class, and the No. 1 center, Flory Bidunga was the most dominant player we watched on Thursday. He made all eight of his shot attempts – most of them thunderous dunks – on the way to 17 points, and grabbed nine rebounds.

A very active 6-foot-10, 230-pounder, Bidunga was impressive defensively. On the perimeter he was comfortable switching on screens to guard a smaller player and in the paint his presence is respected by drivers.

Bidunga has nine blocks in four games. He seems to challenge just about everything."

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiSztdTPA3nuFvo9aSvtYJorS8ssi_QtgY5q-O-2ac39vGbbjiNx_UhxX5GxR2WiVUS_w&usqp=CAU

If we're still at his games I have to believe the staff thinks we still have a chance....but since the inception on this one I've been skeptical. Either way I know we'll be getting our share of elite in 24.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 4:19 PM, Drroogh said:

I think Flory and his talking heads are headed to the realm of the prom queen that played the game of hard to get only to realize her sister went to the prom with the star quarterback!

You know why he’s keeping his options open ? Its cuz he can…

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

You know why he’s keeping his options open ? Its cuz he can…

Yep. People would make room for him no matter where he wants to go. I haven’t been following it too closely because I’ve kind of felt he was headed out of state regardless but he is a top prospect and will land in a good spot no matter what.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yep. People would make room for him no matter where he wants to go. I haven’t been following it too closely because I’ve kind of felt he was headed out of state regardless but he is a top prospect and will land in a good spot no matter what.

Especially now with the portal. Need a spot in April? Just stick someone in the portal. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, iuhoopsfan90 said:

Source?  I read no more visits, but nobody seems to know for sure what he is doing.  

Here you go

But 247Sports' Eric Bossi did:

"It sounds like Bidunga is getting closer and closer to a decision...if we had to handicap things, we'd put Auburn, Duke, and Kansas in the best position."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/cassidy-s-takeaways-sportradar-showdown

Edited by IU Scott

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Here you go

But 247Sports' Eric Bossi did:

"It sounds like Bidunga is getting closer and closer to a decision...if we had to handicap things, we'd put Auburn, Duke, and Kansas in the best position."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/cassidy-s-takeaways-sportradar-showdown

Good for him for milking all of those free tickets to Assembly Hall. 🙄 Not even in the top 3 after all of that? If that’s the case, I’m hoping for Hanner Perea 2.0. Sorry, not sorry. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Good for him for milking all of those free tickets to Assembly Hall. 🙄 Not even in the top 3 after all of that? If that’s the case, I’m hoping for Hanner Perea 2.0. Sorry, not sorry. 

Well could be UC where everyone thought he was going but they aren't on the list as well

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

yES, A lot of guys can dunk at the next level. No 6'2 centers in college to beat up on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

Good luck with that. Every kid goes to college thinking about the NBA and who can get them there.

Exactly.  And this kid, while a gifted athlete, has been playing basketball for, I don't know, around four years?  He's a prime candidate for the G League.  But I'm guessing, I admit.  JMHO.  

• Like 1