2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

Man, I sure was hoping to see my team, Jennings County have a chance to play Kokomo. I know we would have had our hands full playing Ben Davis, but you never know. I was speaking to a church member last Sunday after our loss. Two of the starters and their families attend attend our church. They said there were a couple of things that were a little unnerving and frustrating at the New Castle gym. One thing was, when they were running and playing on the court, it sort of had a bounce or a give court floor and the rims seemed very tight with no give. They specifically said they were as bad as the rims at Connersville. 

4 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Man, I sure was hoping to see my team, Jennings County have a chance to play Kokomo. I know we would have had our hands full playing Ben Davis, but you never know. I was speaking to a church member last Sunday after our loss. Two of the starters and their families attend attend our church. They said there were a couple of things that were a little unnerving and frustrating at the New Castle gym. One thing was, when they were running and playing on the court, it sort of had a bounce or a give court floor and the rims seemed very tight with no give. They specifically said they were as bad as the rims at Connersville. 

I coached my son's 4th grade team in the ECI league. Most of our games were at Wapahani or Delta. We played one week at New Castle, and after the games I shot around some.

The rims were definitely a little tight.  Not nearly as forgiving as our home gym.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

They have been saying over and obver that Flory is coming back, even said it to the head coach and he didn't correct them.  Maybe something changed.  I heard they were seeking a waiver to allow him to stay in kokomo.   Anyone know anything.  

I guess that I’m not in the know on this situation… but why wouldn’t he?

Both of my guys in kokomo have heard nothing different about Flory and IMG.  Wondering if something has changed with kokomo making that HOF tourney?

I do know they were seeking ways to keep him in kokomo through his senior year.  Maybe they got a waiver through the Ihsaa?  I know very recently Kokomo soccer has had some stud international kids on the jv team.  We hosted a girl from Spain in 2012 when we lived in kokomo and she was able to compete varsity in track with her visa type.  It was all very confusing and 2 different types.

Edited by NotIThatLives

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to a friend last night who knows basketball talent well.

He's seen Bidunga play.  He says he's the best basketball talent to come out of Indiana in his life time with the possible exception of OR.  He said that Bidunga was shooting three's in warm-ups like they were free throws.  He noted a flow and confidence in his game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

He's seen Bidunga play.  He says he's the best basketball talent to come out of Indiana in his life time with the possible exception of OR.  He said that Bidunga was shooting three's in warm-ups like they were free throws.  He noted a flow and confidence in his game.

Your friend is just flat out wrong.

I really want Bidunga but he is absolutely not the best since Oscar. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:
2 hours ago, slojoe said:

Hello….Luke Brown ?

George?

Greg?

Glenn?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

87E9A784-B227-46BF-B031-3CF0693CF187.jpeg

7 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

No Greg Oden

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

No Jeffries either…

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Zach Randolph is 6th but Jared Jeffries isn't even on the list?  

Eric Gordon seems low.  He was one of the best players in the nation.  

Yeah, it's a flawed list, but the point stands.  I don't see any way that Bidunga is the 2nd best player ever in Indiana HS basketball.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1