2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

54 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Gabe Cupps and Flory Bidunga at the Michigan game in Bloomington.  Cupps is committed, of course.  And as noted before, there were loud "We Want Flory!" chants from the student section, which he heard.

For a kid who some say is a lock for his Cincy handlers so they can advance their own careers, he sure seems to like his visits to IU, where he can advance his own career.

image.png.869b9f37b0df28f3010d973ce6545ad5.png

Cupps looks like a 9 year old next to Flory

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Gabe Cupps and Flory Bidunga at the Michigan game in Bloomington.  Cupps is committed, of course.  And as noted before, there were loud "We Want Flory!" chants from the student section, which he heard.

For a kid who some say is a lock for his Cincy handlers so they can advance their own careers, he sure seems to like his visits to IU, where he can advance his own career.

image.png.869b9f37b0df28f3010d973ce6545ad5.png

Definitely not a lock. I just have heard that Cincinnati is in a good spot. I remember telling the board back in 2012 that Gary Harris was a lock, then caught a lot of rift when I explained that he had decided to go to MSU instead before announcing his decision. I coached Gary at one point and had a good connection with him. When I told the guys at our old site about him pulling a 180 because Crean spooked him a little, I was getting called everything under the sun. I’ll never say that anyone or anything is a lock again. Hopefully he decides to call Bloomington his home for a year or two, but I won’t call it one way or the other.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

Definitely not a lock. I just have heard that Cincinnati is in a good spot. I remember telling the board back in 2012 that Gary Harris was a lock, then caught a lot of rift when I explained that he had decided to go to MSU instead before announcing his decision. I coached Gary at one point and had a good connection with him. When I told the guys at our old site about him pulling a 180 because Crean spooked him a little, I was getting called everything under the sun. I’ll never say that anyone or anything is a lock again. Hopefully he decides to call Bloomington his home for a year or two, but I won’t call it one way or the other.

So, what's your prediction? 

• Haha 5

On 10/5/2022 at 12:34 PM, Maedhros said:

Cincinnati announced the hire of Drew Adams as Associate AD. Guessing this puts them firmly in the driver's see for Bidunga, if they weren't already. I'll be interested to see our level of involvement going forward.

Circling back to this comment from early October. Given some of the posters history who have chimed in last night and today...is this the only reason he's going to UC? I mean good luck to the kid but UC over IU? Or even Purdue? 

Wish the kid luck but those around him aren't doing him any favors.

12 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

The theme the last few months is that Cincinnati made the right plays and moves here. Whether they are right or important, IDK. 

Indiana had FOUR Center's on their big board with hopes of getting one of them. That is still VERY much in play. Bidunga was NOT their top-rated Center. 

As you know, life goes on. I think Flory is a wonderful, unstoppable HS force. I think in college he's going to have to refine some post moves. Defensively, he's easily ready from day one. But, if he harbors ideas of playing professionally he has quite a bit of learning and work ahead of him. But, unstoppable high school player and he could grow into a damn good college player in time. 

He's Cliff Emoryi, imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachSS said:

The theme the last few months is that Cincinnati made the right plays and moves here. Whether they are right or important, IDK. 

Indiana had FOUR Center's on their big board with hopes of getting one of them. That is still VERY much in play. Bidunga was NOT their top-rated Center. 

As you know, life goes on. I think Flory is a wonderful, unstoppable HS force. I think in college he's going to have to refine some post moves. Defensively, he's easily ready from day one. But, if he harbors ideas of playing professionally he has quite a bit of learning and work ahead of him. But, unstoppable high school player and he could grow into a damn good college player in time. 

Seems like a Hanner type. All the physical tools but very raw. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think he ends up like Hanner. Could be a pick n roll nightmare. I will say Peckenpaughs son in law is active on a Facebook page. He’s kind of an emoji troll. He laughs off anything related to Flory. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Seems like a Hanner type. All the physical tools but very raw. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think he ends up like Hanner. Could be a pick n roll nightmare. I will say Peckenpaughs son in law is active on a Facebook page. He’s kind of an emoji troll. He laughs off anything related to Flory. 

Who's Penkenpaugh?  What's the context?  Laugh in a good or bad way?

• Thanks 1

Don’t remember if I posted this here or another board, but for us older guys, he reminds me of Shawn Kemp in high school. For those who remember, while there was no denying his athleticism, the knock in Kemp in high school was “all he can do is dunk.”  As Mike Woodson would say, “he turned out just fine.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUJoe said:

Don’t remember if I posted this here or another board, but for us older guys, he reminds me of Shawn Kemp in high school. For those who remember, while there was no denying his athleticism, the knock in Kemp in high school was “all he can do is dunk.”  As Mike Woodson would say, “he turned out just fine.”

Game has changed a lot. Kemp was better than Flory at the same point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

But is he laughing at the notion of him going or not going to certain schools?

I took it negative like “you have no idea what you are talking about”. If I was him I would stay away from those threads. Too close to home. Anyway, I hope he ends up a pro wherever he goes. Hopefully he’s getting solid advice. Seems like a really nice kid. 

• Thanks 1