2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

With the portal now, there better never be "gap" years. You pugs holes and keep rolling.

I get what you're saying - I didn't mean that I think we'll be bad next year or that it's okay if we are. Just that I don't necessarily think every single year will realistically be a top 10 year (this one I think would have and still may end up there). 

• Like 1

Just a question for the more in the know crowd. There was some hints earlier in this thread about either something up with what our staff did wrong or maybe suggestions there were some people around this kid we should avoid? Can anyone give me the cliff notes version of exactly what happened? 

Was reading an article this morning on the kid (who sounds like just a great kid by the way) and didn't realize Peckinpaugh was his head coach. He's had like 5 jobs in the past 7-8 years. I know coaches who want to move up the ladder have to bounce around but 5 in 8 implies a job hoppy person.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a question for the more in the know crowd. There was some hints earlier in this thread about either something up with what our staff did wrong or maybe suggestions there were some people around this kid we should avoid? Can anyone give me the cliff notes version of exactly what happened? 

Was reading an article this morning on the kid (who sounds like just a great kid by the way) and didn't realize Peckinpaugh was his head coach. He's had like 5 jobs in the past 7-8 years. I know coaches who want to move up the ladder have to bounce around but 5 in 8 implies a job hoppy person.

Not sure.

Just want to comment on Peckinbaugh, who I had forgotten was Flory's coach... 

John's a really good dude. I have hung out with him 4-5 times. I don't think he would have left Noblesville if his wife hadn't taken the job at Kokomo (girls team). She was orginally an asst at Noblesville (for one year).. and that is why he took the HC job there to begin with. 

Pretty sure John is Purdue fan. FWIW 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Not sure.

Just want to comment on Peckinbaugh, who I had forgotten was Flory's coach... 

John's a really good dude. I have hung out with him 4-5 times. I don't think he would have left Noblesville if his wife hadn't taken the job at Kokomo (girls team). She was orginally an asst at Noblesville (for one year).. and that is why he took the HC job there to begin with. 

Pretty sure John is Purdue fan. FWIW 

Understand and I knew the wife connection to Kokomo as well. Hopefully it doesn't come across as an implication of any kind....just when I see coaches jumping around so often I have to ask myself is said coach looking for something. Doesn't sound like the case here at all.

Peckinpaugh name needs no explanation in the Muncie world. I swear I feel like there has to be about 80 of them up there in that area. They all either play, coach or coached or sell insurance. Haha.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

John came to Noblesville from a college and then went to Kokomo.  John is very very good friends with Fife.  I’ve heard some rumors (strictly rumors…I don’t know anyone who is on the inside) that Flory’s guardians prefer Purdue and that John might also. All of them were at the game with Flory.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

John came to Noblesville from a college and then went to Kokomo.  John is very very good friends with Fife.  I’ve heard some rumors (strictly rumors…I don’t know anyone who is on the inside) that Flory’s guardians prefer Purdue and that John might also. All of them were at the game with Flory.

Thanks. Now the dots are starting to get connected....and not necessarily in a good way. Time will tell I guess.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I have to stop following this kid. Haven't wanted a recruit like this in a long time. lol. If we lose this one it will put me on the ledge...lol. :coffee:

I don't know all the details on this kids recruitment. Some have suggested some stuff. Not sure of his head coach either. If a kid doesn't want to choose IU so be it. I'm getting back to the point where if they don't choose us that's on them. Not us. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know all the details on this kids recruitment. Some have suggested some stuff. Not sure of his head coach either. If a kid doesn't want to choose IU so be it. I'm getting back to the point where if they don't choose us that's on them. Not us. 

yes i have been the same, come dont come. This kid is different. he has been at games so i'm not into all the coach stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Could not agree more 

With NIL & Portal a kid has to be 100% bought in or it’s not likely to work 

Purdue & IU will get plenty of talent 

with IU getting more as usual 

• Like 1