2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

3 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

Seems like a Hanner type. All the physical tools but very raw. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think he ends up like Hanner. Could be a pick n roll nightmare. I will say Peckenpaughs son in law is active on a Facebook page. He’s kind of an emoji troll. He laughs off anything related to Flory. 

Peckinpaugh’s son in law?  John doesn’t have a son in law.  He is in his mid 30s.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IUJoe said:

Don’t remember if I posted this here or another board, but for us older guys, he reminds me of Shawn Kemp in high school. For those who remember, while there was no denying his athleticism, the knock in Kemp in high school was “all he can do is dunk.”  As Mike Woodson would say, “he turned out just fine.”

Kemp dunked extremely well.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I've watched basically zero film of Flory... I assume he doesn't go over his right shoulder much? Regularly doesn't have to make a counter move?.. sort of thing. Absurdly good o reb, drop step, run the floor well type? 

Yes, and a freak athlete. His timing on blocks is really good too

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Alphabetical order:

Bidunga

Burgess

Queen

Somto

The order and preference of IU's coaches is obviously different and for those who follow the rankings closely (I don't... for sure) it would maybe be a surprise. But, here's to hoping they land one of those four targets. 🥂 Cheers

Any one of those four would be a welcomed addition.

Flory is extremely athletic and would thrive in the pick-n-roll, but he’s raw offensively and does remind me a little of Hanner in that aspect. I’d love to see what he could become under Woodson though. 

I like Queen a lot, and feel like he’s probably better suited for what I’ve seen schematically from Woodson’s offense. 

Burgess intrigues me, and think he could solid.

Somto is a grown man. If he could develop something from the 10-15 ft range, he’d be unstoppable. 

Again, I’d be happy to land any of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wonder with Flory coming from over seas makes it easier for his coach and handlers to persuade him to a certain school. He didn't grow up watching college basketball on a daily basis so he doesn't really know about each school.

Well Drew was going to have Hanner deported if he didn't say yes to Baylor so no clue what power these folks have behind the scenes.

With NIL....there is zero chance UC can offer Flory more $ so there has to be something else besides just the Adams thing. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Alphabetical order:

Bidunga

Burgess

Queen

Somto

The order and preference of IU's coaches is obviously different and for those who follow the rankings closely (I don't... for sure) it would maybe be a surprise. But, here's to hoping they land one of those four targets. 🥂 Cheers

Thanks

13 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Flory is extremely athletic and would thrive in the pick-n-roll, but he’s raw offensively and does remind me a little of Hanner in that aspect. I’d love to see what he could become under Woodson though. 

I like Queen a lot, and feel like he’s probably better suited for what I’ve seen schematically from Woodson’s offense. 

Burgess intrigues me, and think he could solid.

Somto is a grown man. If he could develop something from the 10-15 ft range, he’d be unstoppable. 

Again, I’d be happy to land any of them. 

From what I remember about Hanner at IU, he was not only raw offensively, but he was also raw defensively. He’d make some athletic plays, but seemed to get lost all the time and was never where he was supposed to be.

I haven’t seen Flory play, but I was hoping he was more like Cliff Omoruyi at Rutgers. He was raw offensively, but a very good defender from day 1.

19 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Alphabetical order:

Bidunga

Burgess

Queen

Somto

I am guessing Burgess is maybe the top target.

54 minutes ago, Kdug said:

From what I remember about Hanner at IU, he was not only raw offensively, but he was also raw defensively. He’d make some athletic plays, but seemed to get lost all the time and was never where he was supposed to be.

I haven’t seen Flory play, but I was hoping he was more like Cliff Omoruyi at Rutgers. He was raw offensively, but a very good defender from day 1.

Specifically on offense. He looks much better defensively. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wonder with Flory coming from over seas makes it easier for his coach and handlers to persuade him to a certain school. He didn't grow up watching college basketball on a daily basis so he doesn't really know about each school.

Having taught in kokomo and my wife still there and a buddy on the fire department and what people say about Peckenpaugh's, I add it all up to the kid won't get out of a 3 hour radius of kokomo.  The international director and principal are fantastic motherly women.  But they will have the kids best interests.   Obviously high school coach is big purdue guy but Purdue doesn't make sense with Edey, Furst, Renn, Kaufman.   

My fire fighter buddy said he heard Florida prep.  I said, IMG and he said that sounds right.  He definitely isn't connected but people on the job are and the fire department is like middle school with rumors.  Spreads like lice.  

Opps, brought up IMG because he will be outside of the local chatter for 10 months.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

3 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

NIL changes everything. Unless he can't make the grades to go to college it doesn't make sense to go the prep school route anymore.

Not true! Competition changes everything. As much as we love Indiana basketball, prep school on a daily basis offers more competition with teammates than weekly competition in high school!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Not true! Competition changes everything. As much as we love Indiana basketball, prep school on a daily basis offers more competition with teammates than weekly competition in high school!

Disagree only because of the risk involved. Every season you go without getting paid at this point is a gamble. Especially if you are highly sought after. At a D1 school he not only can get the NIL money but he has access to resources to prepare for his future and he likely practices daily against multiple D1 athletes. Why risk injury at a prep school and not get paid? It's about getting paid now. The sooner everyone accepts this the better.