2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

8 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

I didn't really know him. I didn't play baseball or have him for math. Kids don't like his coaching style?

Yes. He had a set of twins one left and one right hand pitchers. They were better baseball players than basketball players. They chose basketball because Hurt didn’t like them playing both sports. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Most signs pointed to it being a race between us, Texas and Oklahoma...not anything concrete there but most believed Texas was in the lead. With the news coming out about Beard, I wonder if that may pull them out of contention....most people probably won't want their kid playing for a coach who has apparently choked his own family member...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Most signs pointed to it being a race between us, Texas and Oklahoma...not anything concrete there but most believed Texas was in the lead. With the news coming out about Beard, I wonder if that may pull them out of contention....most people probably won't want their kid playing for a coach who has apparently choked his own family member...

I guess it depends who they hire to be their next HC but I got to agree it is a good sign for us

6 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Going against the grain here, but I would prefer to have a recruit commit based on the merits of IU and its program, rather than avoiding the negatives of another.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BDB said:

See Thomas Bryant & Romeo Langford gifted to IU. 

Of course there will be examples of how this benefits IU (or any program). And I personally enjoyed watching Bryant and Langford don the Cream & Crimson... you could even throw Reneau and Bates into that category. Things come up and minds get changed for any number of different reasons.

But my preference still stands. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Going against the grain here, but I would prefer to have a recruit commit based on the merits of IU and its program, rather than avoiding the negatives of another.

T.Bates and MR. are here only by coaching changes.  Kopp is a transfer. Non of the 3 wanted to be at IU before those things happened.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Indykev said:

T.Bates and MR. are here only by coaching changes.  Kopp is a transfer. Non of the 3 wanted to be at IU before those things happened.

13 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Of course there will be examples of how this benefits IU (or any program). And I personally enjoyed watching Bryant and Langford don the Cream & Crimson... you could even throw Reneau and Bates into that category. Things come up and minds get changed for any number of different reasons.

But my preference still stands. 

See my previous response.

I don't dislike the aforementioned players less, but would prefer that IU get players that want to come to Bloomington as their first option.

Nuance.

4 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

See my previous response.

I don't dislike the aforementioned players less, but would prefer that IU get players that want to come to Bloomington as their first option.

Nuance.

My grandmother used to say, you are cutting your nose off in spite of your face. It doesnt really matter how great players get here, as long as they get here. 🙂

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

My grandmother used to say, you are cutting your nose off in spite of your face. It doesnt really matter how great players get here, as long as they get here. 🙂

Ok, I gotta ask because I've been known to get my sayings wrong (or my mother did). But we always say you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Is either one right or both or neither? hmmmm...very important stuff here today. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Ok, I gotta ask because I've been known to get my sayings wrong (or my mother did). But we always say you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Is either one right or both or neither? hmmmm...very important stuff here today. 

I always heard it the same as you but according to the Cambridge dictionary to spite is correct..

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/cut-off-nose-to-spite-face

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I thinnnnk I might get what you're trying to say... but for the quote to fit this, I would need to be saying that IU should turn away or stop recruiting players that didn't prioritize playing for them first. Which I didn't.

I can think of so many examples of players that didn't have IU as their first choice, and went to Bloomington, became Hoosiers in every sense of the word, and I rooted my ass off for them.

It would still be my preference to have players pick IU for all of its merits, rather than a consolation as a result of another program's failings.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I thinnnnk I might get what you're trying to say... but for the quote to fit this, I would need to be saying that IU should turn away or stop recruiting players that didn't prioritize playing for them first. Which I didn't.

I can think of so many examples of players that didn't have IU as their first choice, and went to Bloomington, became Hoosiers in every sense of the word, and I rooted my ass off for them.

It would still be my preference to have players pick IU for all of its merits, rather than a consolation as a result of another program's failings.

If IT made his college choice it would have been Depaul but his mom made the decision and it was IU

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Beard fired…wonder how this affects his recruitment 

Get Dillon Mitchell from the portal!  If he goes.  From Montverde Florida.  6'8" forward.  Ranked #5 out of high school.  Currently a freshman at Texas shooting 64% from the field.  8 points, 5 rebounds per game.

I'm officially starting the rumor.  #DillonToIndiana2023.  I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dillon-mitchell-1.html

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1