2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

4 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I disagree as well.  I have many contacts in business and family across the country and visit places with my IU gear on.  No one has ever said anything about IU fans.  If anything they feel sad for us based off our history.  Most of the fans aren’t on the internet or message boards.  It’s a few bad eggs and most people have no idea they exist.

Same. I've lived on the east coast in different states for 30+ years. I've never once had a reaction from friends, co-workers or whatever when it comes to IU other than, "what is wrong with that program. Are they ever going to get it together. It's a sleeping giant." 

I've never had anyone ask me about the fans being crazy or toxic. Only how great IU fans are. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Man the Seat Geek prices tanked for the last 4-5 games. I might have to sell them to you just to break even 😂.

Note I would go to more games this year but am currently immune compromised and don’t feel like wearing a mask for the entire game sometimes

We do 3 charity golf tournaments in the summer and fall...and no matter what IU hoops tickets always raise good $. Part of my comment is joking but part is very serious. For the season ticket owners on here wanting to part ways with tickets next year keep me posted.

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I also want to add, there is nothing wrong with what Woodson likes as long as you realize that about yourself and act accordingly.  I would have all the respect in the world for Woodson if he basically came out and said, "You know what, Mike Woodson loves Indiana University and Mike Woodson loves coaching.  However, Mike Woodson doesn't love all the other aspects that a college coach has to do outside those two things to be successful the way the game has gone these days.  Therefore Mike Woodson am is going to retire early so that someone who does love those things can build on what we Mike Woodson and others have done here to set the groundwork for NIL and the modern approach.  Mike Woodson will be available to help that person continue to grow this place that Mike Woodson loves so much."

If Woodson came out and said something like that at Senior night, much respect and standing ovation from the crowd and he still gets to be Woodson the hero.  If he holds on for whatever reason and doesn't change up the things he isn't doing for whatever reason he isn't doing them though, he is going to tarnish his legacy.  Brad Stevens knew he didn't like the college life.  Jay Wright has said the new game isn't for him.  Other coaches have expressed similar thoughts as of late.  And I get it, some of this really sucks from my POV as well.  It is the reality though.  So if Woodson isn't 100% bought in to what it takes, he needs to be self aware enough to say he isn't the guy.  And that reasoning would have nothing to do with his coaching ability, it is all about preference.  

That off ramp is available, I would love to see him take it.

Great post. I really wish this would happen but think there's less than 1% chance it does. If it does, see my expected revisions above in bold...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt people will give up their season tickets or their good seats. If you do then you start over with where your seats are at.

I know of some who are seriously considering dialing back their $$ in a big way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We do 3 charity golf tournaments in the summer and fall...and no matter what IU hoops tickets always raise good $. Part of my comment is joking but part is very serious. For the season ticket owners on here wanting to part ways with tickets next year keep me posted.

I was a season ticket holder for over 20 yrs for both Football and Basketball after spending 8 years on the BB waiting list.  Never renewed them in 2021 the year I retired.  Couldn't give tickets away most games and even those that did sell were rarely above 50% of face value.  Even though I finally had the time to attend any game of my choosing, I could no longer justify the expense--especially considering the product was so poor in both sports.  

Financially, it has been a great decision.

Sadly, as a fan, it has also been a great decision!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, FWIUFan said:

I was a season ticket holder for over 20 yrs for both Football and Basketball after spending 8 years on the BB waiting list.  Never renewed them in 2021 the year I retired.  Couldn't give tickets away most games and even those that did sell were rarely above 50% of face value.  Even though I finally had the time to attend any game of my choosing, I could no longer justify the expense--especially considering the product was so poor in both sports.  

Financially, it has been a great decision.

Sadly, as a fan, it has also been a great decision!

This is much smaller, but best decision I made this year was not subscribing to Peacock 

• Like 1

Duke fans throwing stuff on the court after a loss. After the backlash IU fans got for tweets I’m excited to see the media backlash. I’m sure it will be brutal and not at all ignored. I can’t imagine what they’ll say when you factor in the obviously dirty play by Filipowski. 

Will player safety still be important?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Guess we can kiss the recommitment goodbye now 🙃

Concerned more than ever now because I feel like this suggests Woody had a conversation with him recently and couldn’t get him to reconsider. 

Can we now admit that his little phone-call gesture is dumb af?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Concerned more than ever now because I feel like this suggests Woody had a conversation with him recently and couldn’t get him to reconsider. 

0EDD2A53-3268-4B73-9450-123388D5FA72.png

couldn't get over the hump

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

0EDD2A53-3268-4B73-9450-123388D5FA72.png

Coach, you have a collect call from "liam here lemmebackin" will you accept the charges. 

click daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...