High School Hoops

rico

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah.  East Noble(Noble) and Columbia City(Whitley).  Wabash County has Manchester, Northfield, Wabash, and Southwood.  Wells has Norwell, Bluffton, and Southern Wells.

So Noble and Whitley wouldn't fit... 

Wabash and Wells would-- but those both have 4 schools to Adams 3. 

Vermillion Co might fit. 

There aren't many though. Feel like most counties with 2 or 3 schools have one bigger school and one not so big. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

So Noble and Whitley wouldn't fit... 

Wabash and Wells would-- but those both have 4 schools to Adams 3. 

Vermillion Co might fit. 

There aren't many though. Feel like most counties with 2 or 3 schools have one bigger school and one not so big. 

Wells county only has 3 schools.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah I know. Was just going to mention.. can't think of many counties that are split up like that with that small of schools. 

Putnam Co is similar, I believe.  

Nothing wrong with it.  Just unique. 

Martin county has 2 schools. Loogootee and Shoals. Both 1A.

Greene County to the North has Linton-Stockton(2A), WRV(1A), Bloomfield(1A), and Eastern Greene(1A).  

What I find wild is Daviess, Martin, and Greene County all border each other and have 5 top 10 schools between them. 1 3A, 1 2A, and 3 in 1A.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Martin county has 2 schools. Loogootee and Shoals. Both 1A.

Greene County to the North has Linton-Stockton(2A), WRV(1A), Bloomfield(1A), and Eastern Greene(1A).  

What I find wild is Daviess, Martin, and Greene County all border each other and have 5 top 10 schools between them. 1 3A, 1 2A, and 3 in 1A.

Umm.. really good HS basketball down there. Washington Co fits the bill, as well..  Salem, Pekin, and WW. 

• Like 1

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Orange county is another. 

Springs Valley 1A

Orleans 1A currently ranked #1

Paoli 2A

So about 8 or 9 out of 92! 

Orleans #1 in 1A right now. I used to coach 3 or 4 of their kids in AAU .. GOOD kids. 

Glad they could become good players despite having me as a coach. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

So about 8 or 9 out of 92! 

Orleans #1 in 1A right now. I used to coach 3 or 4 of their kids in AAU .. GOOD kids. 

Glad they could become good players despite having me as a coach. 🤣🤣

Heck, there are 2 counties up my way that only have 1 school.  Huntington county(Huntington North) and Jay county(Jay County).

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Heck, there are 2 counties up my way that only have 1 school.  Huntington county(Huntington North) and Jay county(Jay County).

Right. I understand that. Crawford, Jennings, etc.. those schools (outside of Brown and Crawford).. are usually "bigger" HS. Lots of KY county HSs that hover between 700-1200 (4A ish in Indiana)

If there were a "Adams County High School" it'd be 4A. 

The county schools holding on is unique.. especially when they're all pretty evenly spread out enrollment wise. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right. I understand that. Crawford, Jennings, etc.. those schools (outside of Brown and Crawford).. are usually "bigger" HS. Lots of KY county HSs that hover between 700-1200 (4A ish in Indiana)

If there were a "Adams County High School" it'd be 4A. 

The county schools holding on is unique.. especially when they're all pretty evenly spread out enrollment wise. 

Blackford is a county school.  

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 4:06 PM, btownqb said:

Yeah I know. Was just going to mention.. can't think of many counties that are split up like that with that small of schools. 

Putnam Co is similar, I believe.  

Nothing wrong with it.  Just unique. 

Steuben has Angola, Fremont,Prairie Heights and Hamilton 

Edited by Steubenhoosier

36 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I don't know if any of you care about girls hoops, but the Noblesville sectional tonight and tomorrow is ridiculous.

#2 ranked Noblesville plays #3 ranked Fishers in the first game followed by

#4 ranked Hamilton Southeastern plays #5 ranked Zionsville

That sectional has always been crazy in girls sports. Soccer for the girls is nutty for the sectional too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

1A #2 Orleans beats 1A #4 Loogootee in 4OT

1A #1 Bloomfield beats 3A #4 North Daviess in 2OT 

North Daviess is a good team, but in no way shape or form are they worthy of #4 in 3A. 😂

That loss is some karma for hiding from the good 2A schools they should be competing with in the tournament this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

North Daviess is a good team, but in no way shape or form are they worthy of #4 in 3A. 😂

That loss is some karma for hiding from the good 2A schools they should be competing with in the tournament this year.

They still lost to Linton too.  I hope they don't make it out of sectional. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Man... first,  yeah I think it's lame they went to 3A... 

If they hadn't, holy cow 2A in the South would be nutty with BC, Prov, and Linton... 

BUT.. and hear me out..  Beech Grove was loaded and that completely imploded.. Connersville isn't special, but absurdly well coached.. ND plays them on Sat. 

Other then them in the south you have-- Scottsburg, very talented bunch, but I don't think theyre a true threat until next year.. Northwood didnt handle them(ND) and they're #1 in 3A and very highly ranked in the 

They'll have to beat basically-- three of (after sectionals) Connersvile, Scottsburg, Ev Mem, and Brebeuf... 

Only gotta beat one team from the North (which looks absurdly good)... 

40 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Man... first,  yeah I think it's lame they went to 3A... 

If they hadn't, holy cow 2A in the South would be nutty with BC, Prov, and Linton... 

BUT.. and hear me out..  Beech Grove was loaded and that completely imploded.. Connersville isn't special, but absurdly well coached.. ND plays them on Sat. 

Other then them in the south you have-- Scottsburg, very talented bunch, but I don't think theyre a true threat until next year.. Northwood didnt handle them(ND) and they're #1 in 3A and very highly ranked in the 

They'll have to beat basically-- three of (after sectionals) Connersvile, Scottsburg, Ev Mem, and Brebeuf... 

Only gotta beat one team from the North (which looks absurdly good)... 

ND is a county rival to me and I'll dump on them when I can. 

They are good for sure but outside of their tournament their schedule isn't exactly a meat grinder. And despite teams records sectional 31 should be a challenge depending on draw. 

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

ND is a county rival to me and I'll dump on them when I can. 

They are good for sure but outside of their tournament their schedule isn't exactly a meat grinder. And despite teams records sectional 31 should be a challenge depending on draw. 

Not necessarily arguing for ND... just pointing out.. they have played the toughest schedule in that sectional and the 4th toughest in the entire South. 

Now.. not an elite schedule.. but in the top 25% of the state. 

I absolutely don't have a dog in the fight. 

Screenshot_20230203-190750_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, thirdgenhoosier said:

I don't know if any of you care about girls hoops, but the Noblesville sectional tonight and tomorrow is ridiculous.

#2 ranked Noblesville plays #3 ranked Fishers in the first game followed by

#4 ranked Hamilton Southeastern plays #5 ranked Zionsville

Sounds like my HS football sectional back in the day. #1, 2, 4, and 8 in the state all grouped together. Stupid.