High School Hoops

rico

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

That is true. 

I guess I was thinking back to when I was in grade school. They wouldn't let anyone leave for severe weather until it passed. Maybe because we had a basement. I figure being in a school would be a safer structure than on the road or home.

Hard to believe Henyryville tornado was that long ago!

I grew up in Henryville.  My mom, brother, niece and nephew still lived in Henryville at the time of the tornado.  My niece and nephew would have been in that school building had they not dismissed.

Mom's house only suffered hail damage, but the destruction less than a half mile away was immense.

I drove up there immediately afterward and they stayed with me until the power was restored.  The town was unrecognizable.  Even now, when I drive through the town, it looks foreign because it's not what I remember from my youth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

That is true. 

I guess I was thinking back to when I was in grade school. They wouldn't let anyone leave for severe weather until it passed. Maybe because we had a basement. I figure being in a school would be a safer structure than on the road or home.

Hard to believe Henyryville tornado was that long ago!

When I was a freshman we were on the bus ride home. All of a sudden our bus driver stopped right in the middle of the street. Not knowing why, then all of a sudden I realized why. A tornado was going right beside us in the middle of Main St. of Carthage. It took down some trees but luckily the bus stayed upright and nobody was hurt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I grew up in Henryville.  My mom, brother, niece and nephew still lived in Henryville at the time of the tornado.  My niece and nephew would have been in that school building had they not dismissed.

Mom's house only suffered hail damage, but the destruction less than a half mile away was immense.

I drove up there immediately afterward and they stayed with me until the power was restored.  The town was unrecognizable.  Even now, when I drive through the town, it looks foreign because it's not what I remember from my youth.

Thanks for sharing, that’s a sobering experience.

You’re good peeps, no matter what your ex’s say. 

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

Feel for y'all... Hate when the power goes out... 

Absolutely, here we still have people without power since last week and now we have this snow storm! There is a local sizable butcher that didn’t have power backup. They still aren’t open and not in the short term! Thousands of $$ !

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

I know a lot of the games have been postponed, and for good reason. That being said… are there any updates on games being played in areas that haven’t been impacted by the weather? 

Noblesville beat Westfield by 2 and Zionsville got a big game from PSU bound Logan Imes to beat Jalen Haralson and Fishers in a very close game.