High School Hoops

rico

On 3/14/2023 at 4:03 PM, Seeking6 said:

See this often. Repeat customers and it's just sad. That addiction stuff is undefeated. 

I've done inpatient treatment.  Most people I was there with had went through it multiple times. The day before I left a guy showed up for his 4th time in a year. Fortunately for me it was effective. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Oh there is no questioning that. The fact he couldn't NOT drink and drive for another 2 weeks is embarrassing and weak. He needs help, undoubtedly. 

It isn't weakness though. Unless you've been through alcohol addiction or any other really, you have no idea how powerful it is. 

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

In this case your opinion is wrong. A lot of evidence in human biology and brain chemistry has shown its more than weakness. 

He's weak af to not be able to put down the bottle and/or NOT drink and drive ..... when you have 10 days of your son's SR season left....

Along with Gage Walters' SR season, Logan Webb's SR season, etc. You can empathy for him, I won't, and I will continue to consider him a weak man. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He's weak af to not be able to put down the bottle and/or NOT drink and drive ..... when you have 10 days of your son's SR season left....

Along with Gage Walters' SR season, Logan Webb's SR season, etc. You can empathy for him, I won't, and I will continue to consider him a weak man. 

Being weak has nothing to do with it and I sure hope you don't have to experience it yourself. If you do your opinion will surely change I guarantee you that. 

Edited by mrflynn03

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Being weak has nothing to do with it and I sure hope you don't have to experience it yourself. If you do your opinion will surely change I guarantee you that. And before you laugh at the guy and say it's so easy can you say you have never once driven while being over the legal limit? I'm not asking you to answer here but ask yourself that honestly. 

I'm not laughing at the dude because he got a DUI.... I'm laughing at him because he's a POS and no school board/superintendent/hiring committee should have EVER allowed that man to be a HS bball coach. I have also mentioned multiple times he needs help..... and I hope he gets it, or he might just ruin his opportunity to watch his son in college.... 

My opinion on why Joey Hart is weak is probably not going to change. You aren't the only one here that has seen addiction, but absolutely no matter you and you alone are responsible for the choices you make. 

This is now his 2nd DUI and 3rd arrest all while being the HC of a HS basketball team. And if you want to believe stories/first hand accts..... there are plenty of other disgusting things that Mr. Hart has done. I have zero empathy for him. I do feel bad for his son and the players on the team. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm not laughing at the dude because he got a DUI.... I'm laughing at him because he's a POS and no school board/superintendent/hiring committee should have EVER allowed that man to be a HS bball coach. I have also mentioned multiple times he needs help..... and I hope he gets it, or he might just ruin his opportunity to watch his son in college.... 

My opinion on why Joey Hart is weak is probably not going to change. You aren't the only one here that has seen addiction, but absolutely no matter you and you alone are responsible for the choices you make. 

This is now his 2nd DUI and 3rd arrest all while being the HC of a HS basketball team. And if you want to believe stories/first hand accts..... there are plenty of other disgusting things that Mr. Hart has done. I have zero empathy for him. I do feel bad for his son and the players on the team. 

It's one thing to be witness to it and  another thing to experience it. 

I'm not defending him personally, I'm just saying weakness is an infinitesimal part of the equation. 

Ask yourself if you can honestly say whether or not you've ever driven over the limit. 

16 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's one thing to be witness to it and  another thing to experience it. 

I'm not defending him personally, I'm just saying weakness is an infinitesimal part of the equation. 

Ask yourself if you can honestly say whether or not you've ever driven over the limit. 

Your question is irrelevant for what I've said though. 

I don't have a son in a semi-state, I haven't been the coach of this group for 4 years knowing how good they'd be as SRs, I didn't get arrested literally 2 months ago for the same thing, and I didn't get arrested 20 years ago while the coach of another school.... nor did I do the amount of thing he has done that aren't public knowledge. 

He's a POS. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Your question is irrelevant for what I've said though. 

I don't have a son in a semi-state, I haven't been the coach of this group for 4 years knowing how good they'd be as SRs, I didn't get arrested literally 2 months ago for the same thing, and I didn't get arrested 20 years ago while the coach of another school.... nor did I do the amount of thing he has done that aren't public knowledge. 

He's a POS. 

My question wasn't about him.  If you are going to call someone weak and a POS then you better make sure you aren't guilty of doing something too whether having been caught or not. 

I'm also just pointing out that it seems your knowledge and understanding of addiction is relatively limited. Unless you yourself have actually been through it. No it isn't simply just a choice. 

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My question wasn't about him.  If you are going to call someone weak and a POS then you better make sure you aren't guilty of doing something too whether having been caught or not. 

I'm also just pointing out that it seems your knowledge and understanding of addiction is relatively limited. Unless you yourself have actually been through it. No it isn't simply just a choice. 

Ok. 👍 

My guilts not relevant. This isn't about me. This is about an alcoholic ex-HS bball coach, who consistently chose himself over the kids that needed him. 

I also fault Linton for enabling him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok. 👍 

My guilts not relevant. This isn't about me. This is about an alcoholic ex-HS bball coach, who consistently chose himself over the kids that needed him. 

I also fault Linton for enabling him. 

Well, I hope you or people you care about don't go down the road of addiction. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. 

You'll believe what you will but there is more to it than it just being a choice.  

• Like 1

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Well, I hope you or people you care about don't go down the road of addiction. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. 

You'll believe what you will but there is more to it than it just being a choice.  

I mean, I don't wish it upon him. I hate it for him... I understand addiction is more than a choice, but ..... he could have just as easily resigned or NOT TAKEN THE JOB TO BEGIN WITH.... he is drunk ALLLLL the time.... but he has escaped the law so many times, done so many immoral things.... and it doesn't seem like you have any of the background knowledge about Mr. Hart at all, so it's confusing to stand up for him. 

and Idk why you're still acting like you're the only one that's seen addiction. I have seen it. I have an alcoholic family member right now and her choices just about cost her her kids, house, and husband, and that is just one example. 

How hard is it to just get smashed at your house and NOT drive? The dude thought he was in Clay City lol HE WAS IN SHELBYVILLE!! Thankfully, Mr. Hart is going to lose his job as HC bball coach at Linton and will hopefully be checking himself into rehab soon, if he hasn't already. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I mean, I don't wish it upon him. I hate it for him... I understand addiction is more than a choice, but ..... he could have just as easily resigned or NOT TAKEN THE JOB TO BEGIN WITH.... he is drunk ALLLLL the time.... but he has escaped the law so many times, done so many immoral things.... and it doesn't seem like you have any of the background knowledge about Mr. Hart at all, so it's confusing to stand up for him. 

and Idk why you're still acting like you're the only one that's seen addiction. I have seen it. I have an alcoholic family member right now and her choices just about cost her her kids, house, and husband, and that is just one example. 

How hard is it to just get smashed at your house and NOT drive? The dude thought he was in Clay City lol HE WAS IN SHELBYVILLE!! Thankfully, Mr. Hart is going to lose his job as HC bball coach at Linton and will hopefully be checking himself into rehab soon, if he hasn't already. 

I'm not defending him.  I hope he wants to get sober.  

I'm not acting like I'm the only one that's seen it. In case you missed it I AM an addict, Ive lived it.  Alcohol was my drug. It's one thing to witness and another thing to live it. My family, both sides have it in them and more than just alcohol for some. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/17/2023 at 9:06 AM, btownqb said:

Fact is we as humans are all weak. We all have our own issues(sin). Some unfortunately are more destructive and evident to those around us. Without God I would hate to see how my weakness would manifest itself. Prayers to this family…and hopefully he doesn’t hurt any other innocent people. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I heard Scottsburg brought quite the crowd in the morning session. 

I didn’t go, but saw some pictures that someone posted, and they sure did. It makes a difference. 

Should be a big crowd of Scottsburg fans this evening too.

Edited by Danomatic

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I heard Scottsburg brought quite the crowd in the morning session. 

You should have seen the Jennings County crowd vs. Brownsburg @ New Castle this morning! It was literally like a home game. Incredible showing of Jennings County fans represented very well. IMHO, the refs were caught swallowing  their whistles in key moments of the game…..It seemed  they only wanted a Ben Davis/Brownsburg semi state championship game. We lost 47-51 in a game that we were playing against 6 players*😏 I will just stop right there.. I’m sooo proud of those boys! 

Edited by Artesian_86

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

You should have seen the Jennings County crowd vs. Brownsburg @ New Castle this morning! It was literally like a home game. Incredible showing of Jennings County fans represented very well. IMHO, the refs were caught swallowing  their whistles in key moments of the game…..It seemed  they only wanted a Ben Davis/Brownsburg semi state championship game. We lost 47-51 in a game that we were playing against 6 players*😏 I will just stop right there.. I’m sooo proud of those boys! 

Had planned to go to that game but something came up where I couldn't go.

• Like 1