High School Hoops

rico

A lot of location choices probably are because of geography. Southwest indiana is further away from Indy and eastern indiana but have US41 and US231 as major north/south highways as well as highway 50.  Now there is I69. Maybe they think it's easier to head in that direction.  

A lot of location choices probably are because of geography. Southwest indiana is further away from Indy and eastern indiana but have US41 and US231 as major north/south highways as well as highway 50.  Now there is I69. Maybe they think it's easier to head in that direction.  

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That game would be at Seymour, in this type of model, or... maybe at like a Columbus North or something. 

I think RC/NW at CT would be very exciting for THEIR fans. Or at least it should be. 

They ruined 1A down in this part of the state with the sectional setup. If Henryville were to drop down a class, and they already have in some sports, it would help 1A a lot.  

A Borden, Henryville, New Washington, Rock Creek, Christian Academy, Lanesville, South Central sectional would be a lot better setup than what they have now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTYug1lX0TJmUXSemFh-hcaBcNHrGmOvuqppHeKIG_ZAstdQ_q0PP_bJ4Fcbwqo21ciqtRzyDo5-8DH/pubhtml

This is a list of the approved broadcasts for games this Saturday. It looks like every game in the state will be streamed or televised. 

I will not be making the 2.5hr trek to Huntingburg for one game, as a result. 

NorthWoods toughest game has been against the #22 team in 3A, so far. They are a 15pt+ favorite against any of the other teams in the 3A North. 

3A South looks like a blood bath next Saturday with Guerin, Scottsburg, North Daviess, and Beech Grove all very similarly rated. 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Ft. Wayne Wayne HS beats Noblesville to win their regional.

Maybe some of those FW teams can play with the Indy area schools

They can certainly play with them on a good day.  I watched Carroll hang with Carmel for 3 quarters during the regular season (and they led Carmel at halftime).  But that's a very impressive win for the SAC in what I feel was a bit of a down year for the conference.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

They can certainly play with them on a good day.  I watched Carroll hang with Carmel for 3 quarters during the regular season (and they led Carmel at halftime).  But that's a very impressive win for the SAC in what I feel was a bit of a down year for the conference.

Dwenger won their regional as well. For a “down year “ having 2 regional champions isn’t too shabby 

6 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

To be clear.. Brownsburg, Ben Davis are on a completely different level than Noblesville, and quite honestly Noblesville got lucky to get out of the bloodbath that is sectional 8. 

Sectionals 8+10 feature 11 teams in ranked inside the Top 30.. including 7 inside the Top 15. 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Dwenger won their regional as well. For a “down year “ having 2 regional champions isn’t too shabby 

Yes, they're having a good tournament and playing well at the right time.  And to be honest, not to insult anybody's schools who may read this, there were some pretty weak sectional and regional fields here.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

To be clear.. Brownsburg, Ben Davis are on a completely different level than Noblesville, and quite honestly Noblesville got lucky to get out of the bloodbath that is sectional 8. 

Sectionals 8+10 feature 11 teams in ranked inside the Top 30.. including 7 inside the Top 15. 

Yes, I don't know that anybody's on the same level with Ben Davis.  Or Cathedral, and probably Penn.

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

BD beat Penn by 12 on neutral court earlier this year. 🤷‍♂️

I know, and they beat Cathedral twice by about that much, including last night, if I'm not mistaken.  I haven't seen national rankings, but they have to be one of the best teams in the country, correct?

Just now, IUJoe said:

I know, and they beat Cathedral twice by about that much, including last night, if I'm not mistaken.  I haven't seen national rankings, but they have to be one of the best teams in the country, correct?

Public schools, certainly. 

Overall, this season, I think Indy was a little down at the top. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Someone mentioned North Daviess can't play at Washington because teams aren't allowed to play at a site 3 weeks in a row? Thats stupid, but... my guess.. 

4A New Castle 

3A Seymour

2A Southport

1A Washington 

That was me I believe. But, last night I was told with this new system this year that it will be an actual “draw” and ND could very well play again at the Hatchet House. Guess I don’t know for sure and we’ll find out at 1:00. 🤷🏽‍♂️

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sectional 8 was down a little this year.  No big dog at the top as in most years.  Carmel was down a bit this year.  HSE was way down.  Top to bottom sectional 8 was deep as the rankings you mentioned indicate.  However, Brownsburg beat Noblesville by roughly 20 so you're spot on there.  But this was Noblesville's best team since 2010.  They absolutely earned those Friday and Saturday wins.  If they hadn't thrown up a bunch of bricks from the free throw line last night they probably beat Wayne.  Was a fun game to watch.  Credit to Wayne for making more winning plays.  I was impressed with Wayne.  They played really well.  

• Like 1