High School Hoops

rico

Jennings County- Bedford North Lawrence game tonight at Seymour was one of the best and weirdest games I have ever saw. JC could not make a shot all game. Down 12 with 3 minutes to go then couldn't miss. Kid hit 3 free throws at 8 seconds to get to OT. Neither team scored in OT. 2nd OT JC was down 10 and came back again. Same kid hit 3 free throws again to tie it. Then made 1 with 2 seconds to go, missed 2nd intentionally. 72-71 JC. Their only lead of the game.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Basketball Junkie said:

Jennings County- Bedford North Lawrence game tonight at Seymour was one of the best and weirdest games I have ever saw. JC could not make a shot all game. Down 12 with 3 minutes to go then couldn't miss. Kid hit 3 free throws at 8 seconds to get to OT. Neither team scored in OT. 2nd OT JC was down 10 and came back again. Same kid hit 3 free throws again to tie it. Then made 1 with 2 seconds to go, missed 2nd intentionally. 72-71 JC. Their only lead of the game.

Keegan Manowitz is the truth. If he is 6ft tall he's a D1 guard.... 5'7 avg 17p 7a per game. Love him. 

I watched that whole game, and you're right, very weird... and incredible come back by JC. I couldn't believe BNL kept fouling. 

Edited by btownqb

Upset in 2A... Top 5 (by the AP) South Spencer goes down to North Posey. It is of note, while SS was 21-1 going into the game, they were only ranked 10th in the Sagarin.... and a good 8-13pts behind the top teams in 2A. 

SW Hanover's sectional matches up with that one (Tell City) in the regional. 

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Keegan Manowitz is the truth. If he is 6ft tall he's a D1 guard.... 5'7 avg 17p 7a per game. Love him. 

I watched that whole game, and you're right, very weird... and incredible come back by JC. I couldn't believe BNL kept fouling. 

He is. Both of their guards are good. Kent had a bad night shooting last night. But he is only a sophomore. He is going to be special. Some really good basketball genes in that family.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

He is. Both of their guards are good. Kent had a bad night shooting last night. But he is only a sophomore. He is going to be special. Some really good basketball genes in that family.

Yes sir. They're good kids too.

Jenn Co team GPA is prob 3.5+ 

Owen Law is a good player too. Scrawny kid as a FR.. he certainly isn't now. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 8:48 PM, Basketball Junkie said:

As a JCHS alum who's HS years were spent watching Damon Bailey and BNL own us, seeing this made my day. I haven't lived in the area for a few decade and don't keep up with the Indiana HS scene. Thanks for sharing

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

As a JCHS alum who's HS years were spent watching Damon Bailey and BNL own us, seeing this made my day. I haven't lived in the area for a few decade and don't keep up with the Indiana HS scene. Thanks for sharing

Currently sitting inside of JCHS right now.... lol I teach here. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Same. But I am older. The Bailey years were after I graduated. They have a really good team this year. 21-2. Losses to Jeffersonville and Center Grove. Play Jeff again tomorrow night in the sectional.

• Like 1

The Hanover SW 2A sectional will be fun to watch. I’m going tomorrow to watch the semi finals, but really looking forward to watching the Brownstown vs Providence game. My Cubs were pummeled by Scottsburg last night at the Charlestown 3A sectional. 

Scottsburg could be a force if they learn to use the Zellers kid better in the post. I couldn’t tell you how many times he caught the ball down low, and passed it without looking at the basket. They aren’t very deep… but if they can avoid getting into foul trouble they could potentially make some noise. 

Madison is super young. My son is part of the sophomore class that should be more competitive next year. They’ve lost a lot of transfers over the past few years, primarily due to(imo) politics/coaching changes. So they basically put a great JV team up against varsity teams all season long.  Hopefully we’ll see some stability in the coming years… maybe not how it was when I was there, but then again, we had almost 400 more students enrolled back then. 

15 hours ago, Danomatic said:

The Hanover SW 2A sectional will be fun to watch. I’m going tomorrow to watch the semi finals, but really looking forward to watching the Brownstown vs Providence game. My Cubs were pummeled by Scottsburg last night at the Charlestown 3A sectional. 

Scottsburg could be a force if they learn to use the Zellers kid better in the post. I couldn’t tell you how many times he caught the ball down low, and passed it without looking at the basket. They aren’t very deep… but if they can avoid getting into foul trouble they could potentially make some noise. 

Madison is super young. My son is part of the sophomore class that should be more competitive next year. They’ve lost a lot of transfers over the past few years, primarily due to(imo) politics/coaching changes. So they basically put a great JV team up against varsity teams all season long.  Hopefully we’ll see some stability in the coming years… maybe not how it was when I was there, but then again, we had almost 400 more students enrolled back then. 

This sectional just got moved to tomorrow night. Unreal

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's not the tornado threat guys.  It's the flooding, at least around here.  Several roads in Clark and Floyd county under water and the rain isn't over yet.

Likewise, over here in the southwestern part of the state have flooding just went thru a tornado warning, and now we're dealing with some fierce winds. Took down a large tree limb in my yard, so I'll have fun this weekend.....

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Dismissing school early saved a whole bunch of lives in Henryville on March 2, 2012.  

That is true. 

I guess I was thinking back to when I was in grade school. They wouldn't let anyone leave for severe weather until it passed. Maybe because we had a basement. I figure being in a school would be a safer structure than on the road or home.

Hard to believe Henyryville tornado was that long ago!

Edited by mrflynn03