High School Hoops

rico

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Aren’t you the low voltage guy! Figure out how to put together a low cost system and start selling them! If you you need some help, with my years in engineering I’ve got some talented friends that could help make it happen. Seriously!

Yep.  I have pulled a lot of wire.  Now you got me to wondering how much the clocks and "hardware" costs.  

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Yep.  I have pulled a lot of wire.  Now you got me to wondering how much the clocks and "hardware" costs.  

Already texted a couple friends in Georgia that can definitely make it happen! Just not sure they will have the interest as football is religion in Georgia!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Found this article from Utah from Jan 2022

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports/2022/01/20/utah-add-35-second-shot-clock-high-school-basketball/6598369001/

A new shot clock setup runs anywhere between $3,500-6,000, depending on if one can get them at a bulk price. That doesn’t include the costs of installation, which could vary in each gymnasium. It also doesn’t include finding and paying someone to operate the shot clock on game nights.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Found this article from Utah from Jan 2022

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports/2022/01/20/utah-add-35-second-shot-clock-high-school-basketball/6598369001/

A new shot clock setup runs anywhere between $3,500-6,000, depending on if one can get them at a bulk price. That doesn’t include the costs of installation, which could vary in each gymnasium. It also doesn’t include finding and paying someone to operate the shot clock on game nights.

Wiring in the gym could be easy or it could be a sum beach.

• Like 1

I’ll run it by my son tonight at my granddaughter’s last swim/splash lesson for the season. He has designed and installed video walls as well as state of the art audio visual conferencing systems. We can take this to a whole new level, after all at least two of the people already involved have their names on patents.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

Just heard that the Homestead/Concordia game has been postponed.  Having issues at Homestead.

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/viral-post-of-homestead-student-in-blackface-draws-outrage/

Been a rough week at several Fort Wayne schools.  Don’t know if there’s a full moon or something in the water, or what it is.

17 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

You guys have a shithole. Time for a fund raiser selling popcorn or candy bars. Jesus Christobol'

It just got an amazing gym floor put in it, one of like 10 in the country ... brand new AC, and new bleachers. 

It's going no where. 

That's literally only for popcorn. There are two of those, but those aren't the main concession stand. 

The old gym floor raised 30K when they sold pieces of it to the community. 

2f7ce3b816baf8ba241db174af0ff7bc-696x384.jpg

Edited by btownqb

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It just got an amazing gym floor put in it, one of like 10 in the country ... brand new AC, and new bleachers. 

It's going no where. 

That's literally only for popcorn. There are two of those, but those aren't the main concession stand. 

The old gym floor raised 30K when they sold pieces of it to the community. 

2f7ce3b816baf8ba241db174af0ff7bc-696x384.jpg

Looks good. The reflection of the light on the floor reminds me of my.....

My sophomore year the Hatchet House got upgraded to stadium lights. Jesus christ it was like the moon and sun settled down above the floor. Couldn't see shit. I almost went blind.