High School Hoops

rico

Just now, Mike said:

Silver Creek good every year in girls basketball.We finally beat them this year .Great game at Corydon.

You a Corydon guy?

Corydon with a hell of a Girls' team this year.  Could make a good run in the tournament.  Silver Creek has a very young girls team this year, but they are starting to play much better.  Best players are freshmen and sophomores.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 9:14 PM, 5fouls said:

Anyone interested in a single class high school basketball tournament should take note of the college football championship game.  

Georgia vs. TCU is what you would get from Ben Davis or Cathedral against a top 1A or 2A team.   

I think everyone realizes that ship has sailed. With all the consolidation etc it’s basically a moot point. That said there were plenty of upsets and deep runs by small schools. Secondly football is a horrible reference because of the nature of the sport is completely different. Apples and oranges…even if you don’t think a 1A could win it all which I think it would be almost nil…it’s still more likely to happen in basketball than football. You should use March madness as the reference but the problem is you’ve seen several cinderellas go the distance to the final four there and that doesn’t fit your narrative. In basketball it isn’t so hard to have a couple really super talented kids with some decent help take a team on a deep run. The bigger issue to me was always the two games in the same day that hurt the smaller schools who had shallower benches and just got worn down. How many times you see them handle business in the morning session to only run out of gas in the evening. Always thought that was a horrible way to run a tournament.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 11:02 PM, KoB2011 said:

But isn't that what City and County tournaments are for? 

I personally think there should be two tournaments. A mid season class tournament and finish the season with a single class basketball tournament. Why not both. Just me. This is Indiana…basketball is king and I can’t get enough of a good thing. Make everyone happy.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You a Corydon guy?

Corydon with a hell of a Girls' team this year.  Could make a good run in the tournament.  Silver Creek has a very young girls team this year, but they are starting to play much better.  Best players are freshmen and sophomores.

Yea granddaughter plays for Corydon.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@5fouls I was listening on the radio

Had like 5 or 6 friends send me pics of the backboard. But here's the video. 

I especially like the 2024 Purdue recruit…😒 probably be another we should have went harder after that gets away. More and more a trend now for the best in the state to go North.

Edited by dgambill

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

@5fouls I was listening on the radio

Had like 5 or 6 friends send me pics of the backboard. But here's the video. 

The thing that gets me about the video is how few people actually have a significant reaction.  I have to think if I was watching that, I would have been out of my seat with my hands on my head.  I kept watching it over and over to see how people reacted.  Other than the Silver Creek player that got beat on defense, nobody on the floor reacted much.  Even the ref under the basket just kind of stood there,  The Silver Creek players on the bench literally had no reaction.  There are a couple of fans behind the SC bench that had the type of reactions I would have expected.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

The thing that gets me about the video is how few people actually have a significant reaction.  I have to think if I was watching that, I would have been out of my seat with my hands on my head.  I kept watching it over and over to see how people reacted.  Other than the Silver Creek player that got beat on defense, nobody on the floor reacted much.  Even the ref under the basket just kind of stood there,  The Silver Creek players on the bench literally had no reaction.  There are a couple of fans behind the SC bench that had the type of reactions I would have expected.   

Pretty incredible and awesome if you ask me. I thought the exact same thing. I watched it again to try to see more people with reaction and shock. The Silver Creek a coach throws his arms up. My next thought was how long the game would be postponed to replace the backboard. Or, what if some schools didn’t have an extra one in storage? Lol

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Brownstown was suppose to have home girls game today. I assume thats been moved. 

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

I personally think there should be two tournaments. A mid season class tournament and finish the season with a single class basketball tournament. Why not both. Just me. This is Indiana…basketball is king and I can’t get enough of a good thing. Make everyone happy.

I have no idea how you could even make this work. Seems very unrealistic. I still see no need for it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If I were just to make a random guess....half the gym didn't see it live because of staring at phone. I'll never understand going to a game just to stare down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

If I were just to make a random guess....half the gym didn't see it live because of staring at phone. I'll never understand going to a game just to stare down. 

I would assume the initial reaction was to make sure Jack was ok. Quite a bit of glass went straight on him, and then he landed in some of it. 

• Like 2