High School Hoops

rico

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Public intox or OWI? I heard OWI. Could be wrong... and Linton is undoubtedly one of the best 3-4 teams in the state in 2A. 

Public Intox is what our local paper said. I live in Clay County and that is where he was arrested.  I know he has been placed on Administrative Leave and they said the JV Coach was taking over for the time being.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I can absolutely see why the old time sectionals were a lot of fun. I have heard many stories about Shields Gym in Seymour being a blast. 

For the fans. I'm guessing it is more fun for the players now when they have a more realistic chance of winning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Why not have an in-season class tournament that spans the regular season and then have the single class state tournament at the end? 

Or you could just take the winners of each class tournament and have them play for an all-class championship. 4A champ vs 1A champ, 3A champ vs 2A champ, then winners of that play each other for overall champ. Won’t happen, but seems to be a decent middle ground.

6 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Or you could just take the winners of each class tournament and have them play for an all-class championship. 4A champ vs 1A champ, 3A champ vs 2A champ, then winners of that play each other for overall champ. Won’t happen, but seems to be a decent middle ground.

I think they did that for a few years, didn't they? 

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

that game was insane !

#52 Nick Weiss ❤️ 😢 

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

One thing I definitely don't blame your generation for this because it's my sorry generation that became soft. 

I'm right there with you on this one...going to quote verbatim what I texted to my 26-year-old daughter yesterday...

"Honestly, this is why your generation is such a mess...freaking helicopter parents."

Yeah, our generation 100% owns this one, Scott.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kdug said:

They did that.  An absolute failure that turned out exactly like you'd expect...bigger schools smoking the smaller ones.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Public Intox is what our local paper said. I live in Clay County and that is where he was arrested.  I know he has been placed on Administrative Leave and they said the JV Coach was taking over for the time being.

Got an employee in the Linton school district.  She doesn't like Hart at all, but realistically, it would be a big surprise if this doesn't blow over in the next couple of weeks.

21 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm right there with you on this one...going to quote verbatim what I texted to my 26-year-old daughter yesterday...

"Honestly, this is why your generation is such a mess...freaking helicopter parents."

Yeah, our generation 100% owns this one, Scott.

The only thing I blame on the younger generation is analytics in sports 

• Haha 1

Brutal ending to Carmel at Center Grove game last night. Official called a block instead of charge with 1 second to go and CG made 2 free throws to win 43-41 over Carmel. Depending on which side of the fence you fall on it was either a horrible call or beautiful. I'm in the prior department.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Brutal ending to Carmel at Center Grove game last night. Official called a block instead of charge with 1 second to go and CG made 2 free throws to win 43-41 over Carmel. Depending on which side of the fence you fall on it was either a horrible call or beautiful. I'm in the prior department.

Officiating in IN HS bball is a way bigger issue than class vs one class, imo. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Officiating in IN HS bball is a way bigger issue than class vs one class, imo. 

Yep....and honestly I have more empathy for officials in all high school sports. They can't help it they suck.....nobody wants the gig anymore. They barely pay and the abuse they get from Mom and Dad's of the year is brutal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep....and honestly I have more empathy for officials in all high school sports. They can't help it they suck.....nobody wants the gig anymore. They barely pay and the abuse they get from Mom and Dad's of the year is brutal.

I have a baseball complex about a half a block from my house...The cops are over there all the time...

And it ain't because of the kids...

BTW, Texas is the first place I've ever lived where parents bring beer/liquor to Little League games...I think that's some of it...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1