High School Hoops

rico

On 2/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, thirdgenhoosier said:

I don't know if any of you care about girls hoops, but the Noblesville sectional tonight and tomorrow is ridiculous.

#2 ranked Noblesville plays #3 ranked Fishers in the first game followed by

#4 ranked Hamilton Southeastern plays #5 ranked Zionsville

My buddy's daughter is a sophomore point guard for Fishers.  She's a spitfire, nifty little pg.  She will get her turn.  Kills kids in the summer with one of the Elite teams.  

Another friend of mine, kids are coming up through LC now that mom is coach.  Daughter, soph, already offered by Purdue,  where mom was 3 time all B1G.  LC lost to Warren in the finals by 2 but will be a force to be reckoned with going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

My buddy's daughter is a sophomore point guard for Fishers.  She's a spitfire, nifty little pg.  She will get her turn.  Kills kids in the summer with one of the Elite teams.  

Another friend of mine, kids are coming up through LC now that mom is coach.  Daughter, soph, already offered by Purdue,  where mom was 3 time all B1G.  LC lost to Warren in the finals by 2 but will be a force to be reckoned with going forward.

My brain saw pig instead of pg 

Jannon Roland was an all time great 

might be time to start watching more WBB in Big Ten 

2 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

I have a system for sports ratings that I’m in the process of trying to get online.  Just FYI, I have you #4 in 2A and #36 overall.  2A is very, very close at the top.

That's bad ass. Who is other one ahead of us? 

Edited by btownqb

Putting this here only because it’s high school ball.

The final score of a game in Oklahoma between Weatherford and Andarko was 4-2, Wearherford prevailing. They scored the first 2 points in the first minute of the game and then Andarko stalled for the rest of the half, passing around the perimeter while Weatherford stayed in a zone. The third quarter consisted of a 7 minute Andarko possession before a foul was called. A player for Weatherford scored all 4 of their points which ironically put him over 1,000 points for his high school career. Andarko missed a 3 pointer at the buzzer in an attempt to steal the victory.

Dean Smith would have been proud 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The final score of a game in Oklahoma between Weatherford and Andarko was 4-2, Wearherford prevailing. They scored the first 2 points in the first minute of the game and then Andarko stalled for the rest of the half, passing around the perimeter while Weatherford stayed in a zone. The third quarter consisted of a 7 minute Andarko possession before a foul was called. A player for Weatherford scored all 4 of their points which ironically put him over 1,000 points for his high school career. Andarko missed a 3 pointer at the buzzer in an attempt to steal the victory.

lame-sign.gif.6acca7d8861f963fbb93b73418cc8a19.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/1tdb5NfUokSXUzv85dc_kA/high-school-basketball-shot-clock-debate-stirs-again-after-4-2-final-score-in-oklahoma-game.htm

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Was just coming to post this. Just a shame. No clue why High School hoops across the nation don't have shot clocks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was just coming to post this. Just a shame. No clue why High School hoops across the nation don't have shot clocks. 

Update/Edit. I'm trying to put this one together and it seems like the losing teams coach did this in protest because his school board voted against adding a shot clock. Makes it even more funny now. He has a top 10 team too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sounds like an occasional SIAC vs PAC game

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Maybe, but after thinking about it football fields have a play clock. I would imagine that is more expensive than a shot clock.

I have no idea.  But I would say the wiring would be trickier inside.  BTW, I don't recall us having a play clock when I played HS football?  By that I mean an actual clock the fans could see.  I am gonna have to check on that.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I have no idea.  But I would say the wiring would be trickier inside.  BTW, I don't recall us having a play clock when I played HS football?  By that I mean an actual clock the fans could see.  I am gonna have to check on that.

I figured with wiring materials would cost less overall but didn't think it would be more complex.

Maybe not all schools had play clocks. I can't remember details from that long ago anymore. 

I dont really mind either way on the shot clock but I do feel if a team is going to play keep away then figure out a way to beat it. 

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I figured with wiring materials would cost less overall but didn't think it would be more complex.

Maybe not all schools had play clocks. I can't remember details from that long ago anymore. 

I dont really mind either way on the shot clock but I do feel if a team is going to play keep away then figure out a way to beat it. 

Just made a call.  We did not have them at our field when I played.

Any way, I think Indiana should go to them.  But I would about bet my school district here will whine about the cost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Any way, I think Indiana should go to them.  But I would about bet my school district here will whine about the cost.

I'm sure most districts would. I bet most places have a couple administrative positions not doing anything useful that could be cut to pay for them. 

I like the idea and kids who go on to play in college would already be used to them and transition easier. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Aren’t you the low voltage guy! Figure out how to put together a low cost system and start selling them! If you you need some help, with my years in engineering I’ve got some talented friends that could help make it happen. Seriously!

• Like 1