IUBB 22/‘23

34 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Skyy Clark B10 freshman of the year...

😂😂😂

I've done research between JHS vs Jett H and Braden Smith... 

JHS #s/importance.. imo are better than Smiths and at least as good as JHs. 

Is there anyone else? Essegian, I'd have him 4th on this list, but he has been good to really good. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He'll win it, duh. JHS is absolutely first team FR though.. maybe 3rd team right? It could happen. 

Maybe... He's 8 for his last 38, and Holtmann has been putting him on the bench and not starting him in some games...

Yesterday was an absolute embarrassment for the Buckeyes. I don't know if they're going to recover from that... 

Just now, 94hoosier said:

A few weeks back sensbaugh looked like a lock. Not sure now. JHS is gaining quickly

same could be said about TJD gaining in Edey. 
a lot of basketball to go

For sure. I still think it'd be hard for me to give it to JHS over BS from what I've seen, so far. 

But.. yeah, undoubtedly crazier things have happened. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

For sure. I still think it'd be hard for me to give it to JHS over BS from what I've seen, so far. 

But.. yeah, undoubtedly crazier things have happened. 

JHS is for sure trending up. If he continues on this trajectory and we continue to stack dubs, I can definitely see him taking it. Like IUFLA said, coupled with OSU's collapse. BS will win the overall stats battle, but JHS has that dawg in him during B10 play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 94hoosier said:

A few weeks back Sensabaugh looked like a lock. Not sure now. JHS is gaining quickly

same could be said about TJD gaining in Edey. 
a lot of basketball to go

I'd agree on both counts.  Strong finishes could definitely shake up some races.  Holtman could well be wrecking Sensabaugh.  Maybe that's Brice's fault as well, but when I consider who should be the adult in the room...?

Would be really interesting hearing the real inside story at OSU this year.  If things don't change soon, I could see Sensabaugh going from fringe lottery to round 2.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd agree on both counts.  Strong finishes could definitely shake up some races.  Holtman could well be wrecking Sensabaugh.  Maybe that's Brice's fault as well, but when I consider who should be the adult in the room...?

Would be really interesting hearing the real inside story at OSU this year.  If things don't change soon, I could see Sensabaugh going from fringe lottery to round 2.

Everybody has already crowned Edey the NPY. 

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I can see a scenario where Edey gets NPOY and TJD gets B1G, because not enough writers from around the country pay attention. 

Does B1G POY only consider conference stats? If so, I think TJD has a chance. Him and Edey actually have somewhat similar raw conference numbers, with Edey being a more efficient scorer, but TJD being a better distributor:

Edey Conference Only: 22.2 pts/gm, 13.4 reb/gm, 1.8 ast/gm, 2.7 blk/gm, 61.1% fg%

TJD Conference Only: 21.8 pts/gm, 13.4 reb/gm, 4.3 ast/gm, 3.3 blk/gm, 53.6% fg%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Another one...

As the tweet says, repectfully, this is ridiculous.  Over the last nine games, Tamar has had 4 games scoring exactly zero points, one scoring 2, and one scoring 3.  That's 7 of the last 9 games, during a monster stretch, where he has no showed offensively.   

He is handling the ball much better without turning it over.  He defense has been fine.  He brings effort every game.  And hits free throws if he ever gets to take them.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Does B1G POY only consider conference stats? If so, I think TJD has a chance. Him and Edey actually have somewhat similar raw conference numbers, with Edey being a more efficient scorer, but TJD being a better distributor:

Edey Conference Only: 22.2 pts/gm, 13.4 reb/gm, 1.8 ast/gm, 2.7 blk/gm, 61.1% fg%

TJD Conference Only: 21.8 pts/gm, 13.4 reb/gm, 4.3 ast/gm, 3.3 blk/gm, 53.6% fg%

Edey's numbers, while good, are myopic. All within 5' of the bucket. And he is NOT the leader of the team.

TJD on the other hand, brings the ball up the court, is great around 5' like Edey, and IS the leader of the team. I realize NPOY won't give any credit for the leadership role, but to knowledgeable BBall fans, it is another metric to consider.

• Like 1