IUBB 22/‘23

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We'll have to disagree on that one...He's 19...Will be 20 in 3 days...

And by now he should have come to understand/accept his role on this team. He doesn’t appear to have done so. If it’s a lack of understanding then I question his basketball IQ. If it’s a lack of acceptance, then I question his buy in to the success of the team.

Game is about to start. Hope he proves me wrong today 

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

For those that haven’t seen it mentioned in other threads, TJD said today that he will go to the NBA after this year.

Would it be embarrassing to be a 5th year player breaking every Big Ten record ?  
I’m not saying it should….I loved my 5th year….7th year…..Tommy Boy!

Davis might break Pistol 🔫 Pete’s record in double the games with 3’s?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

For those that haven’t seen it mentioned in other threads, TJD said today that he will go to the NBA after this year.

Yeah...not sure why people opine that he might stay at IU due to the NIL, etc.  I don't think this is the first time he's said he intends to move on after this season.

• Like 1

Per Kyle Boone on CBS

4. Indiana way too high

No. 14 Indiana snuck in as a surprise No. 4 seed as the No. 13 overall team, making it what I'd argue was the biggest goof of the preview seedings by the committee. The Hoosiers have fewer wins vs. Quad 1 opponents than the following teams who were not in the initial top 16: Miami, Iowa and Northwestern. And they have more losses vs. Quad 1 opponents than the following teams, which were not in the top 16: UConn, Creighton, Miami, Rutgers (and plenty of others). IU survived at home vs. Illinois with a 71-68 win on Saturday to at least help the committee save face, but its standing as the No. 13 overall team when you pit its resume against some of the others who missed out is questionable. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/bracketology-alabama-is-ncaa-selection-committees-early-top-seed-with-houston-purdue-and-kansas-also-no-1s/

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Per Kyle Boone on CBS

4. Indiana way too high

No. 14 Indiana snuck in as a surprise No. 4 seed as the No. 13 overall team, making it what I'd argue was the biggest goof of the preview seedings by the committee. The Hoosiers have fewer wins vs. Quad 1 opponents than the following teams who were not in the initial top 16: Miami, Iowa and Northwestern. And they have more losses vs. Quad 1 opponents than the following teams, which were not in the top 16: UConn, Creighton, Miami, Rutgers (and plenty of others). IU survived at home vs. Illinois with a 71-68 win on Saturday to at least help the committee save face, but its standing as the No. 13 overall team when you pit its resume against some of the others who missed out is questionable. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/bracketology-alabama-is-ncaa-selection-committees-early-top-seed-with-houston-purdue-and-kansas-also-no-1s/

Nobody cares what you think Kyle. Would be highly surprised if you’ve seen one IU game or even understand we’re playing without our starting PG. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rico said:

Per Kyle Boone on CBS

4. Indiana way too high

IDKWTI

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

McConnell from Rutgers is often mentioned.

McConnell's defensive metrics ( :o ) are better than Trayce or Audige...

Defensive Box +/-

McConnell 6.1

Tracye 5.1

Audige 4.2

DRtg

McConnell 86.9

Trayce 91.6

Audige 93.4

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:31 PM, rico said:

Per Kyle Boone on CBS

4. Indiana way too high

The comparison to teams that have fewer Quad 1 losses is ludicrous (ignorant might be a better word).

Those teams have fewer Quad 1 losses because they have played fewer Quad 1 games!  According to Kyle's reasoning, Rutgers 4-6 Quad 1 record is more impressive than IU's 6-7?  We have one more loss, but 2 more wins, playing 3 more games.

UConn is 6-6, and I forgot to look at Creighton.

Totally stupid and shoddy journalism.  

Edit:  I looked it up an Creighton has a 4-6 Quad 1 record.  So, same thing with Rutgers applies to them.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

The comparison to teams that have fewer Quad 1 losses is ludicrous (ignorant might be a better word).

Those teams have fewer Quad 1 losses because they have played fewer Quad 1 games!  According to Kyle's reasoning, Rutgers 4-6 Quad 1 record is more impressive than IU's 6-7?  We have one more loss, but 2 more wins, playing 3 more games.

UConn is 6-6, and I forgot to look at Creighton.

Totally stupid and shoddy journalism.  

He’s essentially starting its better to have Quad 2 loss(or worse) than a Q1 loss… strange but whatever. As of the other day the only Q2 loss IU had was against Northwestern at home and I have a feeling that may end up being a Q1 loss.