Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep you’re not wrong. The thing I keep coming back to is that even in those games, we were literally in it until the end against 3 solid NCAA tournament teams where we didn’t play well. Just need to see what the matchups looks like in the tournament and hope officials call Edey the way he should be called. Seemed like we got a fair whistle against Duke and Gonzaga so that gives me hope for the tournament but it’s always a crapshoot. 

Duke won’t be in the tournament so you probably won’t have to worry about them

Purdue has lost two of three, and guys not named Edey are shooting 32% with 21 turnovers in those games.

Edey obviously scoring more efficiently but he’s averaged 5.5 turnovers on those losses.

Purdue is going to have to correct that against Maryland or the game in Mackey might be for the conference title. 

22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure about IU or Rutgers but today it was 17 fouls a piece which if you watched the game is definitely a bit headscratching. NW got away with hacking Edey way too often today. 

Both teams did plenty of hacking. I saw Edey pushing people out of the way on rebounds on more than a few occasions. Pushing like a bulldozer. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't do it gang. Rear view mirror thinking. We all know where we would be without the Iowa and Northwestern game.....especially being down 40-60% of our starters the last 8 weeks. Just take it as this. We have a good team. We eventually have to get healthy. Good chance for a quad 1 win on Wednesday. 

It is all forgiven if they can go on a 6 game run starting March 16.....

(And I think the tournament is going to be really interesting this year.  It is wide open.)

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

If Purdue lays a huge steaming Purdue against Maryland the B1G race will get very interesting.

It isn't even laying a turd, they've got a very similar chance to win as we did against Maryland per BPI. It's basically a toss up, and thinking through the matchups Maryland's quickness and ability to pressure the ball can cause PU problems. 

• Like 2