DD Show

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I've done my best to caution people I care about on crypto.  That's the true wild west of investing.

Personally, I am looking into podcasts at teh ripe old age of 57.  There's something to be said for being able to listen to what I want, when I want, so despite their youthful exuberance, I kinda get it.

I like the concept of crypto because government hates it. I can't personally by something whose value is imaginary.  I take the US dollar because it's the only viable option to trade for goods and services and that's what I get paid in. 

I like silver, gold, numismatics, copper jacketed lead pressed inside of a brass cylinder.  I invest heavily in the latter. 

I also like Joe rogan podcasts. 

I would almost like DD because he grinds people's gears but I just can't go that far. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

(general comment) Dakich is a jerk for sure, but now Doyel looks even worse if this narrative holds.  It's pathetic to let your hate for the subject destroy your reporting competence.

...and you may well be right about the relative audience size of the podcast vs. legacy radio but it feels like the two platforms are trending in the opposite direction.  The youngsters I work with are all about podcasts.

Our household, my sisters, and even my moms... all podcast ppl. 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I've done my best to caution people I care about on crypto.  That's the true wild west of investing.

Personally, I am looking into podcasts at teh ripe old age of 57.  There's something to be said for being able to listen to what I want, when I want, so despite their youthful exuberance, I kinda get it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hit-parade-music-history-and-music-trivia/id1291058235

if you like oldies 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Podcasts are fine. I didn't say they were bad, I just said they're not the same as a radio talk show. (not raining on you FKIM01) I listen occassionally to a couple of them. Not married to them, because most of them are boring because they're trying to fill time, instead of relating their topic in a concise and logical form. The vast majority are mediocre.

I guess being an exec for most of my life, I've focussed on "give me the exec summary" of the facts, not all of the why's and where-fors on how you came to the conclusion. If I need more info, I'll ask for it. So that might explain my reluctance to hold most podcasts in high regard. (and radio talk shows too)

Edited by DWB