Kansas Game Thread

KDB

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Any Dr's on here? I'm nervous for Xavier that might have been Lisfranc stuff. Will be sick to my stomach if his season is done on a hustle play. 

I'm not, but the same thought crossed my mind.  It looked like he was grabbing his foot and there wasn't any clear trauma to cause it.  Reminiscent of Dwight Freeney's injury at SD.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They keep raving about Kansas defense, and as far as forcing turnovers they're right, but it's not like we didn't get any open looks. 

Got them, but didn't make them... 

We are getting open looks, but it's the looks they want us to have not the looks we want for the most part. We certainly have to hit them, but they've basically dared us to shoot with guys that need to prove they can hit big shots in big games (despite some good percentages this year) and we just aren't doing it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I am gonna be on TJD’s ass the rest of the season.

Probably not the right thread for this, but we've had a lot of conversations on here about TJD's legacy. 

While the numbers are there and I'm grateful he came back, at the end of the day his IU legacy will be impacted by winning or lack thereof. 

• Like 2

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

This is the situation against Arizona where we would immediately give up a 7-0 run to negate what we had just accomplished. Let’s avoid that today. 

Yup... And it starts on the defensive end... Arizona made some tough contested shots when we'd get close...

Just get stops

• Like 1

Just now, Reacher said:

Nice start. Frustrating that we couldn't play like that in the first half. 

We all want dominance from November to April. This team never was that good. I'm disappointed in our start for sure but I'm seeing glimpses of play vs top teams that won't send me over the cliff in December. I want to win for sure but these games are so beneficial for many reasons.

Our biggest fear right now is Xavier. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Really like how Bates has come on the last couple of weeks. As long as he's playable defensively, we need his offense. 

I'm a Galloway fan, but like that Woodson started Bates in XJ's place. It's a better fit, with Galloway being a better fit off the bench. 

It's like Coach said on radio show. Tamar came here to be our #2. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Good start to the half for sure, now let's get a bucket out of the timeout and let some game pressure set in on KU. 

Yup, gotta get and keep this in the 8-5 point range over the next 5 minites, and not allow Kansas to keep it in the 15-10 range.