Kansas Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Honestly, what did TJD and Race come back for if they're going to sleepwalk through games like this?

Both are lazy in transition, neither cut hard offensively and they both walk into ball screens offensively instead of sprinting. 

Everything is so slow with both of them in these types of games and it's been like this for much of their careers. 

I know I’m letting some frustration talk, but outside of the B1G tournament last year, when has TJD really had a great game in a big game against a good team?  I’m sorry, but he no shows these type of games far too often. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know I’m letting some frustration talk, but outside of the B1G tournament last year, when has TJD really had a great game in a big game against a good team?  I’m sorry, but he no shows these type of games far too often. 

I'd probably caveat that with "outside of Assembly Hall". 

Vitale said it early, these are the games your AA has to show up and lead. 

Far too often in these games TJD doesn't bring the juice, doesn't bring the effort or intensity. That's really disappointing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I understand the frustration but the reality is there’s plenty, but also plenty of efforts like today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I'd probably caveat that with "outside of Assembly Hall". 

Vitale said it early, these are the games your AA has to show up and lead. 

Far too often in these games TJD doesn't bring the juice, doesn't bring the effort or intensity. That's really disappointing. 

I’m struggling to remember one at Assembly Hall. He sat most of the Purdue game last year with foul trouble. Dickinson owned him. Kofi too at home last year.