Kansas Game Thread

KDB

The talent level across the board is jut better for KU.  On average they are more active, athletic, better shooters, scorers, and defensively active.

We have talent but we have so many peaks and valleys.  We have some that are super athletic but can't shoot or defend.  We have great defenders who can't score or shoot well.  We have some good shooters who are mediocre at defense.  We jut don't have very many well rounded players.  Kansas has 5 on the floor who all seem to check most of these boxes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

If I'm Woodson, I am destroying TJD and Race in the locker room post-game. 

This is just a complete lack of leadership. 

Ok Brad Underwood 🙂 

In the locker room yes, in the post game, I don't think that's Coach Woodson's style... 

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think the defensive end will be where we'll miss him most

I mean our offense looks like diarrhea without him. He is our best passer, penetrator, creates for other better than anyone, is money from the line in the clutch, and is a pretty good shooter. 

• Like 2

Bates trying to show off for his family has really hurt the team today. The missed layup was out of control, he’s jacked some ill-advised 3’s and clearly missed Trayce open several times. Should have gotten the hook sooner, but I guess without X there were not a lot of other options. I’m not wholly impressed with coaching today. Feeling grumpy but not ready to bail on this season

• Like 2

Just now, Inequality said:

The kids showing up lethargic is on the staff. At least play with heart. Grind it out and be competitive.

These guys act like they want a handout. Watching the game play before them. Lazy. Out of sink.

Meh, it shouldn't be on Mike Woodson to have to convince TJD and Race to show up for this game. 

That's on them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The talent level across the board is jut better for KU.  On average they are more active, athletic, better shooters, scorers, and defensively active.

We have talent but we have so many peaks and valleys.  We have some that are super athletic but can't shoot or defend.  We have great defenders who can't score or shoot well.  We have some good shooters who are mediocre at defense.  We jut don't have very many well rounded players.  Kansas has 5 on the floor who all seem to check most of these boxes.

There is certainly some gap in talent level, but the much bigger gap is in effort level.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean our offense looks like diarrhea without him. He is our best passer, penetrator, creates for other better than anyone, is money from the line in the clutch, and is a pretty good shooter. 

Ah, I think JHS is a much better passer and creator...

But Xavier is a much better on the ball defender

Just now, Inequality said:

It is his job to prepare them. Hype them up. Stick a foot in their ass

Nah, TJD is a senior, Race is a 6th year senior. We have major, major problems if the Coach has to worry about convincing those guys to care and to play hard. 

That's the minimum requirement of those guys.