Penn State Game Thread

KoB2011

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

There is no extension of the coach on the floor. That is what a point guard is.

Memory is fuzzy but he pulled JHS at 10:17mark only to see him come back in and sail that one to TJD. Look. JHS is a NBA player. Will be next year....but man we need him to value the ball. Down the guys our margin is so thin

• Like 2

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

We play like we don’t scout our opponents. I don’t get why we look so confused on the court. 

Low BBIQ. We recruit athletes…Purdue, PSU, and others are recruiting kids that know the game…you don’t have to be a great coach because they “Get it”.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thing is we are losing to middling teams…you know Michigan St, Purdue, Illinois, OSU, and Michigan will improve and be tough to beat. We just needed to tread water til health issue turned around but instead we are sinking like a stone.

Actually I like our matchups vs Sconny, Illinois next Thursday....Sparty coming up at home plus Minnesota in there somewhere. Just get tonight and this thing gets turned around real quick.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Memory is fuzzy but he pulled JHS at 10:17mark only to see him come back in and sail that one to TJD. Look. JHS is a NBA player. Will be next year....but man we need him to value the ball. Down the guys our margin is so thin

Yep…JHS is not a point guard. More a combo. He is a freshman. Bates a sophomore that played little last year. Galloway while probably intelligent enough doesn’t have the skill set to run the point. We are screwed until these kids grow up.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Not so sure about next year... Defense needs work and has a long way to go with other parts of his game. If I'm an NBA GM, there are a lot of guards ahead of JHS. 

• Like 1

Actually I like our matchups vs Sconny, Illinois next Thursday....Sparty coming up at home plus Minnesota in there somewhere. Just get tonight and this thing gets turned around real quick.

Which teams do you think is closer to “figuring it out”….hard to say us. Those games are certainly winnable…but hmm…gotta make a turn sometime or it will turn into one of those Archie 8 game losing streaks.

I agree with dgam.  We are losing to teams we would probably easily beat if not for losing our point guard and now Race.  One year, who knows when, IU will go through a season physically intact.  If X and Race don’t get back it’s going to be a long, disappointing season.

All that being said, just cut out the turnovers, hit a few more shots, and expect PS three point shooting to cool off, and this game is still in play.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

For anyone that didn’t like Xavier Johnson….I think this stretch of basketball since his injury shows how important he has been to our team. JHS is not a point guard although he can run the point. 

We certainly miss XJ, especially on the defensive end, but honestly other than against Xavier and UNC he wasn’t playing all that well this year. In his last four games he shot 7-35 and he had 17 TOs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Which teams do you think is closer to “figuring it out”….hard to say us. Those games are certainly winnable…but hmm…gotta make a turn sometime or it will turn into one of those Archie 8 game losing streaks.

Depends. Which teams are missing 40% of their starters and I can help narrowing the answer.

Depends. Which teams are missing 40% of their starters and I can help narrowing the answer.

Does that matter? We have who we have…that won’t change before we play them. Can’t cry about what could have been. Have to figure it out with who we got. No excuses.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter. Woodson has said from day 1...."next man up". No excuses. We're supposed to have the deepest team in the B1G. Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pre-season we all were lauding how deep this IU team was, saying we essentially have two serviceable units.

I know that we're missing two important players, but the idea was that we had the depth to overcome this.