MSU Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

That's a complete lie. It's W/Ls only. Lets not pretend like it's anything different. It's output based and that is the extent of it. If we lose... you guys criticize Woodson into oblivion. If we win..... crickets. Hell some that criticize him don't come to the board unless we DO lose. Gross. 

Hey, I’m on record here - it’s the great thing about message boards. 

I don’t “Criticize Woodson into oblivion” after every loss. Take for instance the AZ loss: JHS was out, XJ committed 2 quick fouls and we had nobody to run the offense. They go on a 20 point run while we turned the ball the over like it was a hot coal. Shit happens. 

I’ve complimented Woody many times in the game thread and this thread. 

I never said he should be fired last week. And I’m not crowning him now. 

I try to criticize with examples. I listed examples of the game management decisions I didn’t like last week and I’ve done this all the way back to last year when we debated about the line-ups with 5 bench players on the floor. Which I’m still right about. 😎

In all serious it’s not about being right or wrong - it’s hoping Woody rights the wrongs. For instance, I was asking for him to ‘tighten the leash’ last week….and this week he did. (Not because I asked, because he’s a smart dude who wants to win). In the last 3 games: Look at when his timeouts were called. Look at his substitutions. Look at how he was calling out more plays to JHS.

If it’s okay to criticize other coaches like Brad Underwood for not double teaming Trayce, can we not criticize Woody for helping on a 6’7”  guy in the lane when PSU is shooting lights out from 3 and we have an all-american shot blocker on the floor? IMO, I don’t feel a criticism like that is unreasonable….and I’m going to speak up when I see it. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I don’t “Criticize Woodson into oblivion” after every loss. Take for instance the AZ loss: JHS was out, XJ committed 2 quick fouls and we had nobody to run the offense. They go on a 20 point run while we turned the ball the over like it was a hot coal. Shit happens. 

I try to criticize with examples. I listed examples of the game management decisions I didn’t like last week and I’ve done this all the way back to last year when we debated about the line-ups with 5 bench players on the floor. Which I’m still right about. 😎

In all serious it’s not about being right or wrong - it’s hoping Woody rights the wrongs. For instance, I was asking for him to ‘tighten the leash’ last week….and this week he did. (Not because I asked, because he’s a smart dude who wants to win). In the last 3 games: Look at when his timeouts were called. Look at his substitutions. Look at how he was calling out more plays to JHS.

If it’s okay to criticize other coaches like Brad Underwood for not double teaming Trayce, can we not criticize Woody for helping on a 6’7”  guy in the lane when PSU is shooting lights out from 3 and we have an all-american shot blocker on the floor? IMO, I don’t feel a criticism like that is unreasonable….and I’m going to speak up when I see it. 

Not everything I said was in absolute direct comment to YOU, FWIW. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Nice post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2023 at 9:47 PM, tdhoosier said:

And this shouldn’t surprise anybody. 

this team doesn’t look coached. Has everybody in the program called it a season already? Sure looks that way. 

On 1/11/2023 at 10:09 PM, tdhoosier said:

Honestly, if that were to happen, I think we should look at Shrewsberry. (Or however you spell it). 

"I don’t “Criticize Woodson into oblivion” after every loss. "

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Fact is, the walkons at the end of the bench know more about basketball and particularly this team than 98% ;) of the people on any basketball forum...And we know who the 2% are on this forum :D ...

I don't mind criticism at all...But some of the examples you cite are based totally on guesses about what YOU perceive from the convenience of you're home...

I promise I will end it here, but  you're no different than a lot of folks here...we all get frustrated, me included...Some posts are emotion filled... @IU Scottwas already emailing Dolson for God's sake...I saw people call our kids "quitters" and saying Coach Woodson should go...That really galls me...You didn't directly say it, but you sure didn't seem to oppose the idea...

I said earlier, I hope Coach Woodson shoves it up some people's keisters...To use and old military acronym, BOHIC ... :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Fact is, the walkons at the end of the bench know more about basketball and particularly this team than 98% ;) of the people on any basketball forum...And we know who the 2% are on this forum :D ...

I don't mind criticism at all...But some of the examples you cite are based totally on guesses about what YOU perceive from the convenience of you're home...

I promise I will end it here, but  you're no different than a lot of folks here...we all get frustrated, me included...Some posts are emotion filled... @IU Scottwas already emailing Dolson for God's sake...I saw people call our kids "quitters" and saying Coach Woodson should go...That really galls me...You didn't directly say it, but you sure didn't seem to oppose the idea...

I said earlier, I hope Coach Woodson shoves it up some people's keisters...To use and old military acronym, BOHIC ... :) 

Those 2 quotes you found are replies to other people's posts......

First one I'm standing by because they didn't look coached against PSU. I still am not sure how that observation is debatable. They were over helping on PSU who is the best 3 pointing shooting team in the Big Ten and they were torching us. (an observation to which that post was in reply to). Helping less is the easier thing to do mentally, physically and instinctively so I'm not sure why it was happening. And yes, I was frustrated. lol. Could I have stated that more delicately? Probably. 

Again, we can criticize Underwood for doing the opposite against Trayce, but it's not fair game for Woody? 

Second one, I was just replying that if Woody resigned. It was meant as a compliment to Shrewsberry because he's been doing a great job over there, not that I wanted Woody gone. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Bend

Over

Head

In

Caboose

?

14 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

So great to watch point guards who play team ball, combine for only 2 turnovers ,dont shoot air ball layups, avg only 4 missed shots. This version of the hoosiers are fun to watch

I would not call JHS's performance yesterday stellar.

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Aren't you forgetting @BGleas? 😉

All in fun... I respect the basketball acumen of all 3 of you, along with a bevy of others... 

Well we wanted him in the club, but @Steubenhoosiersaid it was for people smarter than @BGleas. We're taking applications for more members, but only have one from @bluegrassIUso far and his was written in crayon. 

• Haha 5