MSU Post Game Thread

KDB

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Appreciate the kind words! It means a lot from a longtime, respected poster like you. 

Hoosier82 is right that I shouldn't have replied that to IndyKev. But as you noted, I wish he would have read more to see my apology before coming at me. 

It wasn’t meant as a dig towards you and more of a general statement/observation. I even quoted another similar comment from this thread. I’m sorry it came off that way 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Disagree... A lot... But that's ok...

Since the day Mike Woodson took this job, he's said the same things, done the same things, preached the same things... He's about as steady as they come...

There's no "new Woody" and there never will be...

He said it in the post game... Kids had to accept new roles, and mentally it took a minute...

You know I appreciate you a lot, but Woody's the same guy today he was 2 years ago... 

There’s no shame in him making adjustments for the better. All coaches need to adapt, that’s what makes them good coaches. But there was a clear difference in how he managed these last 3 games vs. the 3 before those. 

Either way, I’m happy. You’re happy. We’re all happy. 

What I wanted to see happen, happened. What you expected to happen, happened. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Please STFU! he has a covid year that WE could all use... :)

That would be program changing!

But I totally get what you are saying, and can not argue it.. Now STFU already!! :) lol

Can we just have Mark Cuban throw TJD a ton of NIL Money then secretly promise to take him first round after next season so he comes back. His brother being here has to be enticing if someone throws him NBA rookie money or more.

• Like 3

Man. I just listened to Izzo's postgame presser. Just shut it down bro.....when you go the Bruce Weber route just shut it down. Excuse after excuse after....wow. Just weak. Guess the local press crew didn't ask him why he thought it was a good idea to not double TJD after IU went plus 17 during first half.

Win or lose. Coach Woodson shoots it straight. I love the fact we have a guy who know exactly who he is and win or lose...he'll act the same way. True Hoosier.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

But there was a clear difference in how he managed these last 3 games vs. the 3 before those. 

There was a clear difference in how the team executed the game plan especially on the defensive end...

8 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Either way, I’m happy. You’re happy. We’re all happy.

Until the next loss... 

• Like 1

I loved Izzo's comment's on preparing for IU.....

....Its always nice hearing an opposing team coach say "pick your poison" in regards to our team. He mentioned why they didn't dbbl team TJD as much because Scoop and Trey were on fire from the 3. He also mentioned that they didn't prepare or expect those two to step up from behind the arch like they did.

Scoop was 5/6 and Trey was 3/3.... Those were much needed and much welcomed!

If we can continue to be a more consistent 3 pt threat, TJD becomes even more of a key to that success.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

depends on how we lose. 😎

and we’ll keep going around in circles. Haha.

That's a complete lie. It's W/Ls only. Lets not pretend like it's anything different. It's output based and that is the extent of it. If we lose... you guys criticize Woodson into oblivion. If we win..... crickets. Hell some that criticize him don't come to the board unless we DO lose. Gross. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Did JHS tweak his back again. I thought he played like his back wasn’t full strength . I hope his ok to go! 

He got hit in the hip by a screen that took him to the ground. He stayed on the floor for a bit in pain. Went to the bench for a while after that. Towards the end of the game he ended up coming back in so hopefully it won’t be too big of an issue. 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's a complete lie. It's W/Ls only. Lets not pretend like it's anything different. It's output based and that is the extent of it. If we lose... you guys criticize Woodson into oblivion. If we win..... crickets. Hell some that criticize him don't come to the board unless we DO lose. Gross. 

Been some adjustments made wether that came from players just not following game plan or the staff themselves but nice to see us sticking with shooters and not over helping.. make them make tough two’s and allow TJD to protect rim.. I’ve also saw us go underneath some ball screens on non shooters and keep them out the lane which is nice to see instead of chasing those guys over the top and allowing them to get in lane like number 3 from Kansas..Now obviously you go over top every ball screen on shooter like Walker. 

5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

He got hit in the hip by a screen that took him to the ground. He stayed on the floor for a bit in pain. Went to the bench for a while after that. Towards the end of the game he ended up coming back in so hopefully it won’t be too big of an issue. 

Just watched it again...Sissoko stuck his knee out there and got him... They didn't show a replay, but on first glance it looked intentional and something Spartan players do regularly... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Just watched it again...Sissoko stuck his knee out there and got him... They didn't show a replay, but on first glance it looked intentional and something Spartan players do regularly... 

But no, lets call an F1 on Kopp because he was trouncing around and accidently hit Sissoko. What a weird rule. 

If you commit a foul that isn't normal the other team gets two FTs? Crazy. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's 100% of the message boards out there 

@tdhoosier is about as level-headed of a poster as we have. 

You know as well as I do. The team looses and the post game thread is going to be 3 to 4 times longer than if the team wins.

That's every message board since Al Gore invented the internet 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You know as well as I do. The team looses and the post game thread is going to be 3 to 4 times longer than if the team wins.

It wasn't a personal attack on TD... but, it's not "how they lose" that is important at all. It's if we lose.... then it's "here we go".

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Yeah, but it's BS...

I'm not lumping @tdhoosier in with the posters who call our kids "gutless" or the ones who want Mike Woodson fired after a 3 game losing streak...He's one of my favorite posters, although we tend to disagree on more than just basketball... 

But the insinuation that Mike Woodson "woke up" and finally started coaching is 100% bunk...

Mike Woodson is one of the steadiest people I've ever seen. He's predictable in a good way. Not too high, not too low... Even keeled, just like today's players need... He'll get on their asses at the drop of a hat, but praises when it's deserved... 

I remember when he got hired... It wasn't very popular here... And I sometimes think some of the naysayers want to be proven right...

Like I said, the next loss we'll see the same thing... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yep agreed. I definitely thought he stuck his knee out on purpose and got him. 

• Like 1