MSU Post Game Thread

KDB

TJD is a man possessed. National player of the week. Has to be getting the attention of NBA GMs. The quickness and great hands. Some teams have to believe they can work with that. 
Three straight double-digit wins over WI, IL & MSU. Has to be a long time since that happened. Keep it rolling. 

We’re back in the hunt

image.jpeg.11dec32b17aa2d0911454fb2977be19f.jpeg

• Like 3

Had to leave right after the game so I haven't posted anything yet.  I just would love to know what the players only meeting was all about because whatever it was it has worked.  Also sounds like Woodson lit a fire under the players as well and you can just see a different mindset from the team. If they keep playing like this and play with this energy we will win a lot of games. 

Another thing my shirt and sweats stays undefeated and hopefully I don't have to put them away for a long time.  Many more wins nobody will want to be around.me because they will eventually start smelling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

TJD is a man possessed. National player of the week. Has to be getting the attention of NBA GMs. The quickness and great hands. Some teams have to believe they can work with that. 
Three straight double-digit wins over WI, IL & MSU. Has to be a long time since that happened. Keep it rolling. 

We’re back in the hunt

image.jpeg.11dec32b17aa2d0911454fb2977be19f.jpeg

I know I don't know or follow the NBA game much....but you can't tell me there isn't a spot for a big who has his quickness, ability to finish but also his passing abilities in the league.

For all we know Coach Woodson has privately been telling him here's how you'll get to the league and stay in the league. Get on the box. Read the D, score or dish...

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I know I don't know or follow the NBA game much....but you can't tell me there isn't a spot for a big who has his quickness, ability to finish but also his passing abilities in the league.

For all we know Coach Woodson has privately been telling him here's how you'll get to the league and stay in the league. Get on the box. Read the D, score or dish...

He was 11-13 today on FTs and is 16 of last 19. That’s a guy who can develop a mid range shot 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Indykev said:

No need for this post. Its ok to get caught up in the old school positions. :coffee::cheers:

Thanks, appreciate it! 

Don't get me wrong though. I don't subscribe to old school positions and have consistently said that over the years. 

There's no such thing as the old 1-5 positions anymore. I know I've used the phrase "college 4" with JG but that's just for simplicity in these discussions. 

In this day and age you have guards, wings and bigs (or forwards). 

Kopp is a wing and JG is clearly a forward and has played virtually every second of his career as a forward. 

While both roles spend time on the perimeter, the responsibilities are much different. JG hasn't shown anything in 2.5 seasons to show he has the skills to be a wing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Please STFU! he has a covid year that WE could all use... :)

That would be program changing!

But I totally get what you are saying, and can not argue it.. Now STFU already!! :) lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure what TJD's prospects are, but one thing that is a myth is that a big needs to be able to shoot from the perimeter to make it in the NBA. 

Does it help? Sure. But, it's not a hard rule. Neither starting center in the NBA Finals (Kevon Looney or Robert Williams) shoots from the perimeter. 

Claxton on the Nets doesn't shoot from the perimeter. Jarrett Allen was an All Star last year and he doesn't shoot from the perimeter. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Thanks, appreciate it! 

Don't get me wrong though. I don't subscribe to old school positions and have consistently sold that over the years. 

There's no such thing as the old 1-5 positions anymore. I know I've used the phrase "college 4" with JG but that's just for simplicity in these discussions. 

In this day and age you have guards, wings and bigs (or forwards). 

Kopp is a wing and JG is clearly a forward and has played virtually every second of his career as a forward. 

While both roles spend time on the perimeter, the responsibilities are much different. JG hasn't shown anything in 2.5 seasons to show he has the skills to be a wing. 

…but what about at the Point? 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not sure what TJD's prospects are, but one thing that is a myth is that a big needs to be able to shoot from the perimeter to make it in the NBA. 

Does it help? Sure. But, it's not a hard rule. Neither starting center in the NBA Finals (Kevon Looney or Robert Williams) shoots from the perimeter. 

Claxton on the Nets doesn't shoot from the perimeter. Jarrett Allen was an All Star last year and he doesn't shoot from the perimeter. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

Exactly my point. When I tune into the NBA each Spring I'm watching one guy sit there and body, body, body, and score or dish. No way a guy TJD doesn't have a 10 year home in the league.

• Like 2