Minnesota Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I haven't watched Minnesota... I think maybe, there could be a chance TJD and JG guard the opposite of what you have on here. 

Reason I say that... Joseph has taken 9 3s all season.... TJD might be able to "rest" some defensively, catch drives, allow other defenders to go over screens, etc. If he is guarding a non threat in Joseph. Tell JG he doesn't get to help at all, allow TJD to come from the weakside. 

Again... "I think" we could see that. Unless Garcia is just a total mismatch for JG. I just don't like the idea of TJD chasing "shooters" if we can avoid it. 

Could be, and that's a good point...

I do think Trayce would rather guard their main guy... He relishes those challenges I think... Whether Woody let's him or not is another issue...

I mentioned Race... Think Woody might start him in front of his family over JG? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I do think Trayce would rather guard their main guy... He relishes those challenges I think... Whether Woody let's him or not is another issue...

I don't think so... but I can see the argument either way.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Personally I’d stick with JG.  I would like to “work Race in.”   To me, he looked like he was laboring a bit on that knee.  That honestly makes me respect Race even more because my sense is a lot of guys wouldn’t have been even out there due to pain, limitations,  and especially confidence in the knee.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Personally I’d stick with JG.  I would like to “work Race in.”   To me, he looked like he was laboring a bit on that knee.  That honestly makes me respect Race even more because my sense is a lot of guys wouldn’t have been even out there due to pain, limitations,  and especially confidence in the knee.   

DD says 🙄 🤣

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

What a disgusting place to play. My least favorite Big 10 arena. Who's bright idea was it to elevate the court?

I hope we smoke these guys. I don't want a close game. Put it away early. 

There is a hockey rink underneath. Or at least there used to be. May have their own facility now. Been 3 decades since I lived there. But even from what I see in the background on TV, it's the same sh!thole, with a new coat of paint and a wannabe hockey rink floor.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, DWB said:

There is a hockey rink underneath. Or at least there used to be. May have their own facility now. Been 3 decades since I lived there. But even from what I see in the background on TV, it's the same sh!thole, with a new coat of paint and a wannabe hockey rink floor.

They don’t use it for Hockey anymore, just basketball 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Never like playing up there and I agree with trap game thought. Hopefully our guys bring the same edge that allowed us to win these past 3. We know we'll lose again I just don't want it to be games like this. 

New week though. Great chance to go 2-0. Pound TJD, hopefully TG/TB 3 point shooting continues and I expect JHS have a big bounce back game here assuming injury free. Race coming home always means something to him too. 

IU plays hard like they have been = 15+ point win. Set it and forget it. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Did he labor or was he just "not as explosive"? 

I personally didn't think he labored. I was also smoking some meat balls during the game, might have missed what you saw. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I would lean toward not as explosive but he looked comfortable to me.  

I'm sure he was apprehensive....Who wouldn't? My daughter tore the labrum in her right shoulder he junior year in HS. She was the goalie for the soccer HS team and shortstop for the softball team. She signed a letter to play college softball later that year. It was very tough during her healing and rehab. She eventually recovered and was back on the field at 2nd base comfortably. The mental part of her potentially re-injuring her shoulder was very hard at times. She and I both feel that playing goalie is really what caused the injury. My daughter was always laying out and diving for any ball, softball or soccer. Sorry, I got off topic about Race. The coming back from a tough injury, especially a surgery is very vivid in our family. I feel for all athletes that have to go through this.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Already been told we have an E-Learning day tomorrow...game time at 9pm tomorrow night...yikes, may have to pray for another one on Thursday! Also, better go stock up on "necessities" for next 2 nights!

If we are out tomorrow it will be an actual Snow Day that will be made up on Presidents' Day. If we are out Thursday, it will be an E-Learning.....

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I read that Garcia reentered the Michigan game after he'd hurt it...

Safe bet he won't be 100% though... 

sounds like Minnesota might be down to 7 scholarship players for tomorrow 

F Garcia- questionable 

G Carrington- out

F Ihnen- out

F Betts- redshirted this year

F Fox- out

Now that is some bad luck

• Like 1