Maryland Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I enjoy the 9 o'clock tipoffs.  Always feel rushed to get home and get settled in for the 7 o'clock ones.

Same. Not because of getting home, but when you have little kids it's nice to be able to do bedtime before the game. 7 PM tip off kinda sucks for me; half paying attention to the family, half the game, and then stepping away for bedtime. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I prefer 11:15 pm tip-off, hello UCLA-USC

Who would want to be UCLA or USC with that kind of schedule? Juggling school and athletics is hard enough, let alone traveling coast to coast to play Maryland or Rutgers, and that’s  not even taking fans into consideration. The B10 will need to bring on some more west coast/mountain region teams to make this work….I’m sure it’s already in the works

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Part of the problem is that a 9:00 tip off is usually a 9:15 or later tip off. First game runs late and they delay the 2nd. Either that, or they move the game to some obscure channel that I can't access.

And not to mention that if we win....were up happy,etc...well past midnight. If we lose were up pissed off well past midnight. Haha.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

1000% Will have to record this one as an early work day tomorrow. We are on ESPN2 as the 9:00 game. Meanwhile, the 7:00 game is at Arkansas, in the CST, so really a 6:00 start for them. I get why it's being done, figuring IU will draw viewership regardless, but it still sucks.

As someone in the rockies and others in the west I propose we discontinue noon tip offs on the east coast. It sucks having to tell my family "I don't really want you near me at 10am." 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Play focused, hard and smart. No let up on defense. Our success has also come due to the increase shot attempts Trayce has taken. Magic number should be 20 shots a game for Trayce….it usually ends well. Continuing on that theme (I’ve been hard on Geronimo) but I think it’s been good seeing Geronimo play more recently. Hopefully he comes back healthy. He’s been playing his role well and seems to understand he’s the fourth or 5th scoring option, while playing hard and getting put backs. Understanding his role has allowed more shot attempts for Trayce.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 3