Purdue Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

XJ was injured on Dec 17th. His surgery was a little over 6 weeks ago. Only him and his doctors know a good timline but I dont expect him back and I dont think they should be playing him more than spot minutes if anything before the Illinois game on Feb 18th.  The rest of the schedule is manageable.  Id rather not have him aggravate his injury by coming back too soon. I dont know if anyone has dealt with foot/ankle injuries but one the bone heals there is still stability isssues and rehabilitation that needs done. 

Spot on

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

OR

Malik fouls out in warm ups

Edey opens an RV park in the lane, complete with a dancing class

JHS gets called for double dribble when he doesn't have the ball

Jenkins or Newman come in and go 8-12 from three

Crowd goes into Marcel Merceau mode

You can't out-despair us, buddy ;) 

Malik is a terrible on ball defender….but Purdue doesn’t have 4’s who drive 

TKR can’t guard physical post players 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

It’s hard to believe, but I just looked at the stats, and realized on the season we’re a better shooting team than Purdue, with a FG% of 49.7% / 3P% of 38% to their 46.9%/ 33.9%. They have a slight edge in RPG and FT%. 

Trying to get myself pumped….anyone else on board? 👊

Trying to...I just hate where our program is compared to theirs. I miss the days when they dreaded playing us in Assembly Hall. 

I have to miss the whole game because of my nephew's birthday party. Last year I had to miss an IU-Purdue women's game because of his party. What kind of people get born during basketball season, anyway? 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

It’s hard to believe, but I just looked at the stats, and realized on the season we’re a better shooting team than Purdue, with a FG% of 49.7% / 3P% of 38% to their 46.9%/ 33.9%. They have a slight edge in RPG and FT%. 

This isn't directed at you but for those skeptics.

If you aren't pumped for year 2 of a program on the rise that has been decimated by injuries but is still really freaking good I don't know what to tell those fans. Purdue is one thing. Very good and very consistent but I'm surprisingly very confident in us tomorrow. We handled their Ivey team last year. No reason to think we can't again.

Playing physical (and refs letting it go) with their undersized guards is the key to me. Just wish it was 4pm tomorrow already. Going to be a great game, an environment second to none, each team will have their own runs but I think JHS is the game changer. Purdue's guards just can't match up so if they keep Edey dropping he can either float the 15 footer or if Edey comes up to challenge he can dish to TJD or Race. 

Edey had 12 last year in 25 minutes but 2-7 from FT line. Remember Trayce only played 11 minutes and had 4 points because of foul trouble and we still won. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If you aren't pumped for year 2 of a program on the rise that has been decimated by injuries but is still really freaking good I don't know what to tell those fans. Purdue is one thing. Very good and very consistent but I'm surprisingly very confident in us tomorrow. We handled their Ivey team last year. No reason to think we can't again.

Playing physical (and refs letting it go) with their undersized guards is the key to me. Just wish it was 4pm tomorrow already. Going to be a great game, an environment second to none, each team will have their own runs but I think JHS is the game changer. Purdue's guards just can't match up so if they keep Edey dropping he can either float the 15 footer or if Edey comes up to challenge he can dish to TJD or Race. 

Edey had 12 last year in 25 minutes but 2-7 from FT line. Remember Trayce only played 11 minutes and had 4 points because of foul trouble and we still won. 

I’m trying not to get too excited, but I can’t help myself. I have bypass surgery coming up in a few days, and the doc says I need to stay calm and no stress….how’s that possible?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yessir, and we were ready to play...as opposed to the year before...

I can't help but think that Galloway is gonna be the right guy on Loyer, and if JHS doesn't see this as a challenge, then show him this

image.png.d3886b36d6ccaeaf9b68656f06ac8d9f.png

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

Yessir, and we were ready to play...as opposed to the year before...

I can't help but think that Galloway is gonna be the right guy on Loyer, and if JHS doesn't see this as a challenge, then show him this

image.png.d3886b36d6ccaeaf9b68656f06ac8d9f.png

I'll go out on a limb and say Skyy Clark does not make the end of season team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I’m trying not to get too excited, but I can’t help myself. I have bypass surgery coming up in a few days, and the doc says I need to stay calm and no stress….how’s that possible?

Good luck with that one man. I have a family friend that was basically told to stop watching because his sitting pulse, blood pressure,etc....all would skyrocket during IU games. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

My mother had bypass surgery when she was 90 you got this! Praying for you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Good luck with the surgery...I know it's tough during basketball season, but stay calm :) 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

My mother had bypass surgery when she was 90 you got this! Praying for you!

I’m 69 and in great shape - not overweight, don’t smoke, still play tennis a couple of times a week, hike and walk on a regular basis - just genetics. There are some things you can’t control. 

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I’m 69 and in great shape - not overweight, don’t smoke, still play tennis a couple of times a week, hike and walk on regular basis - just genetics. There are some things you can’t control. 

The reason they went ahead with my mother’s surgery at her age was because of how good a shape she was in. Like I said, you got this!

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck with that one man. I have a family friend that was basically told to stop watching because his sitting pulse, blood pressure,etc....all would skyrocket during IU games. 

My dad couldn't watch IU games live for 2 years after his triple bypass. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

It was more his injury….which led to fouls 

healthy TJD had no problem in Mackey 

2 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

We are going to win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I’m 69 and in great shape - not overweight, don’t smoke, still play tennis a couple of times a week, hike and walk on a regular basis - just genetics. There are some things you can’t control. 

Hear you man. I had triple bypass in 2016. Haven't had a lick of problems since (at least with the heart). My a-fib went away, no more meds for that. You'll be on some "maintenance" meds forever but no big deal. All of mine are generics.

Thinking of you and sending positive vibes !!

Now...back to the game. Hope we stomp the be-jeebers out of them.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1