Purdue Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

17 minutes ago, KDB said:

Same here. Won’t be home until 5:30 - turning my devices off at 4 and watching the recording. GO HOOSIERS!!

Same, though I'm on a weekend trip with the family. Trying to avoid the score until we get home Sunday evening. 

You guys think i can make it without seeing the score?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Same, though I'm on a weekend trip with the family. Trying to avoid the score until we get home Sunday evening. 

Could peek at the game thread and see how that's going. Then decide from there.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, KDB said:

Same here. Won’t be home until 5:30 - turning my devices off at 4 and watching the recording. GO HOOSIERS!!

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Sheesh! Got two of our mods not tuning in live for the biggest game thus far this season. What kind of putfit we running here?🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 8

I had a text from a friend a couple hours ago that said Geronimo is playing today. He got there early and is in the Fieldhouse waiting to get in while Geronimo and Renau were handing out food. 

He asked Geronimo if he was playing today and JG nodded and gave him a fist bump.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Strolling through YouTube last night and Galen Glavico posted the IU/PU game from 1989.  I watched it and it was not a very well played game. Jay Edwards hit a shot with 3 seconds to go to win 64-62. The refs called 53 fouls with Purdue 30 and IU 23 and both had two guys foul out. Purdue also had 4 guys that finished with 4 fouls. The game was called a lot different then and if they call it like that today Edy and TJD would foul out early.

Edited by IU Scott

We need to win this game. Going into this week we would’ve loved 2-0…but most would be be satisfied with a 1-1 mark.

A couple things I’m looking for:

-Our guard length disrupting smaller guards of PU (see us against Syracuse in ‘13).

-TJDs quickness against Edey. I’m hoping and expecting to see TJD’s creative foot work and spin moves.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Strolling through YouTube last night and Galen Glavico posted the IU/PU game from 1989.  I watched it and it was not a very well played game. Jay Edwards hit a shot with 3 seconds to go to win 64-62. The refs called 53 fouls with Purdue 30 and IU 23 and both had two guys foul out. Purdue also had 4 guys that finished with 4 fouls. The game was called a lot different then and if they call it like that today Edy and TJD would foul out early.

The good old days…..

people complain about refs today 😳

At least you feel like you have a chance on the road