IL @ IU post game thread

Reacher

Welp. Wasn't planning on drinking this early in the day but geez. Kudos to the kids for making $ time plays and specifically JHS. I know he had a bad game but to turn the ball over and say screw it and hit the open j like that?

Will have thoughts later but TJD we thank you. Malik I felt made about 8 point plays in energy and scrapping for the ball. Kopp hitting those 3's I believe at 50-44.....I always miss people but just damn glad to get that one. Credit to Illinois. They brought the energy and we didn't match it until about 8 minutes to go in the game.

• Like 4

All that matters is we won. We need to start shooting open 3s more instead of passing them up for a contested mid-range 2. Drives me crazy every time it happens.

Also, I know the announcers were questioning Kopps decision to leave Melendez to double Meyer on that last play, but I liked it. Meyers’s an experienced 38% shooter who had hit 4 3s. Melendez is a 25% shooter who was 0/5 on all fg attempts. Make a mediocre shooter hit a pressure shot instead of their best player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Welp. Wasn't planning on drinking this early in the day but geez. Kudos to the kids for making $ time plays and specifically JHS. I know he had a bad game but to turn the ball over and say screw it and hit the open j like that?

Will have thoughts later but TJD we thank you. Malik I felt made about 8 point plays in energy and scrapping for the ball. Kopp hitting those 3's I believe at 50-44.....I always miss people but just damn glad to get that one. Credit to Illinois. They brought the energy and we didn't match it until about 8 minutes to go in the game.

The way JHS turned it over and then went right back and nailed a mid-range jumper. “Onions” as Billy Packer would say! 

• Like 4