Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

They also picked up Noah Reynolds, 6'3" 195 PG from Wyoming.  His assist/to was bad but he was their leading scorer when he played. Apparently he suffered 3 concussions last year and they shut him down in early Feb. Peoria IL native.  Wisconsin could have a different look next year with Reynolds, Essegian, Storrs, Wahl and a typical WI big. Those 4 can all score. Maybe they'll win you over.

Neva…

I was born and raised a Hoosier and they don’t get it here…

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 3:10 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Can someone refresh on these portal window rules? 

Have to enter the portal by May 11?  This doesn't apply to grad transfers?  What about guys in the draft process?  Is that why so many are saying I'm testing the NBA but also entering the portal?

And do these dates have anything to do with committing?

Thanks for any explanation 

@IUFLA covered most of these so I won't covering most of them that he did.

The May 11th deadline is if they want to be immediately eligible next season (excluding grad transfers) but they can actually enter at any time. 

The deadline doesn't apply to committing, just entering. No NCAA deadline for committing but before a school's semester/quarter starts would make sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

maybe they are just looking for their Painter…guy that will stick around and make tournaments even if he is threatening for a championship.

I'm not sure they'd put up with a Painter type... As deluded as Purdue fans are about the status of their program in the college basketball world, Illinois fans are twice as bad... I've lived in that state twice over the years, and have heard some really kooky stuff come from them... 

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure they'd put up with a Painter type... As deluded as Purdue fans are about the status of their program in the college basketball world, Illinois fans are twice as bad... I've lived in that state twice over the years, and have heard some really kooky stuff come from them... 

guy has a .676 W/L record at Purdue…of course his tournament record isn’t much better than .500  but most schools without a NC would kill for that. I’m not sure how many weeks at #1 he has had Purdue but definitely positioned them a perineal top 20 team. Not sure who would turn down that type of coach.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2