Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

4 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Lots of pushback on that graphic. There's danger in numbers without context:

I guess my first question would be, how did TP4PT get their numbers... I'm sure they didn't make them up...

A cursory look at ON3's portal page says 

Screenshot_20230828-104748.thumb.png.1eb79269d4771c91a017d473ae2facad.png

Second would be how many of the walk ons/transfers to D2, D3, NAIA, and JUCOs weren't getting any D1 love so they had to go that route...

16 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

So is it official....is our roster set? I'm super surprised we didn't use that last scholly, especially with the addition of the 2 quality walk ons we recently added. It's like Woody is saving it for someone but are we looking at anyone at this point at all?

Yes, heard Osterman on the radio this morning and said it is to late for anyone to sign up for classes.

48 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m also shocked. I don’t see any downside in bringing a good guy who works hard and maybe by chance could pop and become something IF they’re only taking that scholly this year. Who knows maybe they couldn’t find one that fits that mold. What do I know? Wife says “not a lot.”

I feel your pain.... just sayin'

20 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m also shocked. I don’t see any downside in bringing a good guy who works hard and maybe by chance could pop and become something IF they’re only taking that scholly this year. Who knows maybe they couldn’t find one that fits that mold. What do I know? Wife says “not a lot.”

Exactly! I see zero downside. I wonder if he is saving it for a possible 2024 recruit to start classes next semester or something like that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DWB said:

Or....maybe Woody doesn't want to "settle" just to plug a spot. He'll likely only play 8-10 guys early, and probably 7-9 guys later in the year.

If he can’t find a good kid who’s willing to work hard so be it. But to not use it seems dumb IF there’s anyone out there to help at practice who only has 1 year of eligibility left. Absolutely nothing to lose. I just don’t get it. But…honestly ain’t gonna lose anything sleep over it. Maybe some intense counseling and meds, but otherwise I’ll be ok. 💪🏻😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

If he can’t find a good kid who’s willing to work hard so be it. But to not use it seems dumb IF there’s anyone out there to help at practice who only has 1 year of eligibility left. Absolutely nothing to lose. I just don’t get it. But…honestly ain’t gonna lose anything sleep over it. Maybe some intense counseling and meds, but otherwise I’ll be ok. 💪🏻😎

Those two walk ons that just signed will help with practice. One was a D1 recruit and another from a JC

• Like 2

I think when he didn’t find the right guy he didn’t want to lock up a scholarship long term and no grad transfer worked out with the playing time we had to offer (we don’t have definite minutes) so he will pocket it for next year. We are already bringing in a lot of new guys…hard to balance that many new faces. Save it for high level recruit next year.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Booted for fighting in a sports bar...

image.thumb.png.2367fc3e9f9bf9f72fa3ab37dae98023.png

I don't know...But I trust Mike Woodson...

“Tomlin is set to graduate this semester and could potentially enroll as a grad transfer at a different university. He would be eligible to play at the beginning of next semester, as he has not appeared in a game yet this season."

That's the fake Rothstein account. 

• Like 1