Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

3 hours ago, rico said:

Washington was 16-16 last year overall and 8-12 in the PAC which was good enough for 8th.  Does Paul change that?

From the player's standpoint, it may be some see it as an early exit into being an income earner with little emphasis on individual or team success.  Just mercenaries.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

From the player's standpoint, it may be some see it as an early exit into being an income earner with little emphasis on individual or team success.  Just mercenaries.

No problem with that, people should operate in their careers that way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

No problem with that, people should operate in their careers that way. 

Yeah.....maybe. It's a team sport. You are a member of a team when you work in most companies, unless you're self employed. If that's not the case, as in this instance, there is a greater good that he should be striving for than just individual accomplishment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yeah.....maybe. It's a team sport. You are a member of a team when you work in most companies, unless you're self employed. If that's not the case, as in this instance, there is a greater good that he should be striving for than just individual accomplishment.

Agree in theory…but how many corporations (and in this instance teams) are there for you, will stick up for you when you make a mistake, basically treat you the way you go out of your way to help them. If you are on a “good team” or work for a “good” company I can see that but most experience in life have shown me corporate is only too eager to suck you dry, use and abuse you, preach loyalty and teamwork and praise work life balance but then when you “need” something….they are nowhere to be found, deny your requests, and only too eager to replace you with someone cheaper. I feel fortunate to work for a place that values me and actually pushes me to go home and backs me up and takes my side even when it might effect their bottom line because a client is being unreasonable. It’s nice for a change. Find the right culture is important…maybe they didn’t have that at Rutgers. I know lots of organizations will take take take and in the end…you think they will do right by you but never do. Shouldn’t be that way and if it isn’t I feel bad for those stuck in those type of situations.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Agree in theory…but how many corporations (and in this instance teams) are there for you, will stick up for you when you make a mistake, basically treat you the way you go out of your way to help them. If you are on a “good team” or work for a “good” company I can see that but most experience in life have shown me corporate is only too eager to suck you dry, use and abuse you, preach loyalty and teamwork and praise work life balance but then when you “need” something….they are nowhere to be found, deny your requests, and only too eager to replace you with someone cheaper. I feel fortunate to work for a place that values me and actually pushes me to go home and backs me up and takes my side even when it might effect their bottom line because a client is being unreasonable. It’s nice for a change. Find the right culture is important…maybe they didn’t have that at Rutgers. I know lots of organizations will take take take and in the end…you think they will do right by you but never do. Shouldn’t be that way and if it isn’t I feel bad for those stuck in those type of situations.

I feel bad for you that you have this outlook on your professional life.

I hope you can find what you’re looking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure you guys read his entire statement.   

He said, "I feel fortunate to work for a place that values me and actually pushes me to go home and backs me up and takes my side even when it might effect their bottom line because a client is being unreasonable. It’s nice for a change. Find the right culture is important. "

Sounds to me he did find what he's looking for.  

For the record, I have no problem with Muchahey grabbing the bag.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not sure you guys read his entire statement.   

He said, "I feel fortunate to work for a place that values me and actually pushes me to go home and backs me up and takes my side even when it might effect their bottom line because a client is being unreasonable. It’s nice for a change. Find the right culture is important. "

Sounds to me he did find what he's looking for.  

I took it that way too. Sounds like he very much appreciates the company he works for now…just needed the “right fit”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Would we all feel that way if it was a player leaving Indiana though?

Mulcahy and Spencer leaving, especially this late in the process, puts Rutgers really thin in the backcourt without very many good options left on the table...

And even fewer if Rutgers NIL is bad enough they let 2 starters walk... 

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Mulcahy and Spencer leaving, especially this late in the process, puts Rutgers really thin in the backcourt without very many good options left on the table...

I think Piekel is a good coach.  He will find 3 star guys happy for a chance.  Small guys like Geo Baker with a chip.  

Sure i would be pissed if it was us.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Oh no I work at an amazing company now. It’s great. Just saying my experiences at several other large corporations was that they would basically suck you dry…overwork you..tell you they value you, value work life balance, but when you actually needed that time or you took a day off your boss was calling you chewing you out or making you feel guilty for taking time away or trying to get you to come back early from vacation or come back early from Fmla when my little girl was born. Being salary employee you felt obligated to be there…all the while they would have HR seminars touting their work life balance initiatives…it was so bad that they wanted you to volunteer on your days off for things like Habitat or other things but do it outside of work hours…but make sure you wear the corporate T-shirt.

I tell people to be careful…work hard, do your best, but don’t you ever sacrifice your family or happiness because you are expendable to them. We all are replaceable and often times they will make monetary decisions no matter how long you been there to cut those who have most tenure to save money. Just be judicious and mindful because I wasn’t. I thought if I sacrificed and made them lots of money and was always there they would value me more than just an avg employee…and nope…that isn’t the case at a lot of places as I learned that multiple times. I’m not complaining but just warning those not to make the same mistake I did. 

Thank God he opened a door in my life and put me at a great employer and making more now than ever before…all the while encouraging me to leave work early, use my time, don’t answer my emails, and they even feed us. Big change and I’m greatful! Just know that like work ive been on some teams and played for some coaches that are on both sides of that spectrum…some valued you and some didn’t…so can’t blame a kid for looking out for himself.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Oh no I work at an amazing company now. It’s great. Just saying my experiences at several other large corporations was that they would basically suck you dry…overwork you..tell you they value you, value work life balance, but when you actually needed that time or you took a day off your boss was calling you chewing you out or making you feel guilty for taking time away or trying to get you to come back early from vacation or come back early from Fmla when my little girl was born. Being salary employee you felt obligated to be there…all the while they would have HR seminars touting their work life balance initiatives…it was so bad that they wanted you to volunteer on your days off for things like Habitat or other things but do it outside of work hours…but make sure you wear the corporate T-shirt.

I tell people to be careful…work hard, do your best, but don’t you ever sacrifice your family or happiness because you are expendable to them. We all are replaceable and often times they will make monetary decisions no matter how long you been there to cut those who have most tenure to save money. Just be judicious and mindful because I wasn’t. I thought if I sacrificed and made them lots of money and was always there they would value me more than just an avg employee…and nope…that isn’t the case at a lot of places as I learned that multiple times. I’m not complaining but just warning those not to make the same mistake I did. 

Thank God he opened a door in my life and put me at a great employer and making more now than ever before…all the while encouraging me to leave work early, use my time, don’t answer my emails, and they even feed us. Big change and I’m greatful! Just know that like work ive been on some teams and played for some coaches that are on both sides of that spectrum…some valued you and some didn’t…so can’t blame a kid for looking out for himself.

It took me (too many) years to accept that the company will do what benefits it and as an employee, you do what benefits you. "Loyalty" isn't much of a factor.

Edited by Zuckerkorn
  • Like 3

On 7/6/2023 at 9:47 AM, IUFLA said:

Good.  Screw Rutgers. 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

didn't see this posted anywhere. Also don’t IU mentioned at all as potential landing spot. Don’t know much about him but seems like a good get for somebody - big, scoring guard. 

-School move in is in about 35 days or so. We'll know soon if the last scholly will be used or sat on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

didn't see this posted anywhere. IU hasn’t been mentioned at all as potential landing spot (as far as i know). Don’t know much about him but seems like a good get for somebody - big, scoring guard. 

Looking for his 5th program:

Perez (6-foot-5) transferred to West Virginia in late October after Manhattan head coach Steve Masiello was let go two weeks before the season starting. Perez committed to WVU within days of entering the portal in hopes to play this past season. The Bronx, NY native sat out the entirety of the 2022-23 season after being denied a waiver by the NCAA.

Perez last played in the 2021-22 season with Manhattan, averaging 18.9 points, 3.2 rebounds and 4.5 assists. Perez shot 40 percent from the field. Perez was named the Preseason MAAC Player of the Year.

Before Manhattan, Perez previously played at Gardner Webb and Marquette. Perez has one year of eligibility remaining.